“Great beach motel”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Great beach motel”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

My family had a wonderful stay at this motel. It offered everything a motel should. Mini fridge, microwave, good location, comfy beds & clean. Oh, and don't forget the pool. If you need someplace clean to lay your head down after a long day at the beach, this is it!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Nancy L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ewing, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Spent a few days here in August. Great hotel, convenient location, One of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at. Close to the boardwalk and the beach. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Pool is wonderful. On site restaurant will provide pool side service. Nothing like starting of your vacation with a cool strawberry smoothie by the pool!
Can't wait for next year!

5 Thank susankle
Marietta, PA
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We've stayed at this hotel twice over the years and we always leave satisfied. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating and this is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in.

It is located a block from the ocean and we stayed in room 204, which has a view of the street facing the ocean. The balcony is nice. The room itself is big enough, but we found the bathroom a little cramped. The soundproofing could be better as there was a lot of noise from the street and also people in the hallway.

Parking could be an issue as the spaces are narrow and limited. You may have to park 3-deep and leave your keys at the desk, but this wa not bothersome for us.

The maid service is excellent and really unobtrusive. You can go out for an hour for breakast and come back to a spotless room.

I definitely would stay again and there are lots of eating places within walking distance.

5 Thank Moodyluvah
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My family and I have been visiting Ocean City, NJ for over 25 years and our stay at the Forum this past weekend has been the best overall. Our (free!) parking spot was literally right outside our room. Although it looks very crowded, the staff will hold your keys and move your car for you if they have to shift things around, so no hassle for guests. We asked for two rooms and we got them, complete with inside adjoining door. The rooms were clean (above average), everything was in working order, A/C was comfy, so were the beds; the staff was courteous and helpful, the pool is very clean and comfortable and you could always get a lounge chair even at the busiest times. Internet works but is slow unless you purchase a faster bandwidth for $3/day. They have a nice cafe with 10% off for guests and the best deal in town -- 2 sandwiches, each with fries and a drink, for just 12!! The kids loved their upstairs game room, which is helpful also on bad weather days. Only one block from the beach! We were only here for a couple of days but it felt like a real vacation.

Room Tip: Our adjoining rooms were on the ground floor on the corner, and it suited us very well as a family o...
2 Thank LHThomas
Macungie, PA
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I grew up staying at the Forum. It has been 9 years since I stayed here. They have spruced up the rooms a bit. Some things are still a little dated but it is still a nice stay. The owners have been the same as long as I remember and they are all wonderful. They bend over backwards to help our family every time we have stayed there.

I do hope that they upgrade their pillows and mattresses. I had a little difficulty sleeping because the pillows were not great and the A/C fan does not stay on all night so when it kicks off I can hear the traffic and people going by. I was on 1st fl along the street so I did expect a little noise. There was a nice balcony also.

It was very hard to open our door with the key but I think they are in the process of changing door knobs/locks. The cleaning staff was wonderful and courteous. The pool was only open until 6pm, which is a bummer. The hotel is only a block from the beach and they have tags available at front desk.

My car broke down on the way and I almost needed to stay another night. The front desk worked with me to hold my room for another night if I needed it.

Overall, I recommend the Forum to everyone. Just the fact that the owners/management are such great people and helpful is a big selling point.

Be sure to eat at The Varsity Inn up the street. Excellent food! Thre is also a small restaurant on site which is so-so.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Macungie_PATrum
Delta,pa
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We ended up here after being roomless over July 4th holiday (no ones fault, we checked in for one night at another Inn and had to leave due to the room being booked).. We got a King room at the forum and we were pleasantly surprised.. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well stocked with bath items.. the bed was great.. the pool was clean and refreshing..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Roxbury, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My hubby and I wanted to get away for a weekend and chose The Forum because everything else in the area was full. The reviews were generally good so we took a chance. The motel room was VERY clean but also very dark. Room 206 has no outside sitting area or view. You face a door and the other widow overlooks the street. We didn't much care since since we just needed a clean place to sleep. They provided us with basic toiletries; soap, shampoo, mouthwash and lotion. there is a small " dorm" fridge and microwave in the room. The tv was. Nice size flat screen on the wall. The pool was clean the first day or so and then we noticed a white foamy substance and paper (looked like toilet paper) floating around. I informed a staff member and they used a net and poured more chemicals into the filter area but it was still dirty. Needless to say, we avoided the pool for the end of our stay. The location is great; a block or so from the boardwalk and the beach. The motel restaurant is mediocre. I recommend the OC Surf Cafe across the street instead. The staff at the motel is very friendly. I don't think we would stay here again unless there was no vacancy in the area. All in all, ok for a few days. The best thing was the cleanliness and that's very important when traveling.

Room Tip: Rm 206 has no view or outside sitting area
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple