“Clean but Busy!”
Review of Ocean City Beach

Ocean City Beach
Ranked #2 of 45 things to do in Ocean City
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first trip to OCNJ. We were surprised at how clean it was but then found out it is a dry town - that explains it! We had a blast. The beaches were nice, busy, but we had fun.

There are newer reviews for Ocean City Beach

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went to Ocean City beach for the day because it was the closest beach to where we were staying. What a great idea! The whole town is clean and new looking. The beach is nice, boardwalk is clean, lots to do -- great time! We will be back! One of the best beach towns and boardwalks we have been to!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I like OCB, but unfortunately it is no longer my favorite. They need major public services such as garbage cans. First of all, why should I pay to go into a public beach, $5 per person over the age of 11 yrs. You can walk around, but if you want to get close to the water, pay up. No parking anywhere so that was $15, meters were limited about $7 for 4 hrs. The local businesses are doing well around this time, taxes should cover some services, like a simple shower somewhere. Couldn't find a simple outdoor shower to rinse my head, just for my feet. They do have business with bathhouse, at the steep price of $8 per adult, $4 for kids. Are you kidding me, they use to be $0.50 years ago, how do they calculate inflation? The trash can on the beach were so far by the entrance that people left their trash behind. At this point, I have paid $25 and haven't even touched sand yet. When I left, I took the sand and salt with me. Other than that, the board walk was nice, with a few nice eating joints. But so long OCB, I'll take my day visits and $25 elsewhere.

3  Thank AlexoTheEmpireState
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've always preferred heading to Avalon or Stone Harbor for the day and coming to Ocean City in the evening. But it's a nice beach if you want a one stop visit. Plenty of facilities, friendly lifeguards, good restaurants and shops. There are tags that you need to purchase, which some beaches (like wildwood...or any other state...) don't have. But a good time.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

one of the best family beaches and boardwalks. Our first date was here and 17 years later, it's still wonderful!