“OC NJ Beach”
Review of Ocean City Beach

Ocean City Beach
Ranked #2 of 45 things to do in Ocean City
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice sand and surf. Although some of the people that go here apparently do not have mirrors or good eye site. Gotta be one or the other.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been coming here since I was a young child so I may be partial to this beach but I haven't found another one I have loved more! There are plenty of lifeguards, clean sand, it doesn't get much better than spending a day on this beach!
My favorite tip: Go down to 59th street - away from the boardwalk and crowds. You will find a metered parking lot (off-street) and bathrooms.

5  Thank travelgirl315
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was our 1st time coming to Ocean City and our only our 2nd visit to a NJ Beach (Sea Side Heights years ago). Nothing but great things to say about the whole experience. Super clean beach, boardwalk was great and spacious.

Paying to get on the beach was well worth. If that is what it takes to keep the area clean I am all for it.

There was plenty of parking on the street and we found a parking lot between 6th and 7th that was 10 dollars for the day.

I full recommend this beach for a great family fun vacation.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family and I recently took a week long vacation in Ocean City and the beach as one of the highlights! Each morning while the kids were still asleep my wife and I sat near the ocean and watched the waves. It was beautiful. The kids went with us the first morning but they didn't feel it was that special. It's one of Ocean City's finest aspects in my mind though.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We've enjoyed the Ocean City, NJ beach for four years now and it has become a family favorite. The beach is clean and well guarded. The crowds are not overwhelming and the attendants are pleasant.

We've stayed at 1st Street, 11th and 20th. The first street beach area was the most crowded. 20th street the least. Swimming is permitted between green flags positioned in the sand by lifeguards and the limited "intensity" of the surf varies based on wether conditions and the tides. Lots of seaweed on this trip. Sometimes jellyfish are an issue.

Attendants perform on-beach spot-checks for beach tags. The season pass rates are better if you are planning on staying for more than a single week. On most days, attendants are seated at the beach entrances to check for or allow purchase of beach tags. $5/person.

In some areas (such as 1st street), attendants are available to rent chairs and umbrellas. They perform all of the setup at the start of the day and collection at days end.

19th Street has on-beach volleyball nets.

A favorite.