“Great view, food pretty good but not great”

McGlade's on the Bay
Ranked #80 of 225 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great view on bay, superb sunset. Service was very good, food was okay but not great. My Mahi Mahi with crab meat was just a bit undercooked but still good, and my son said his filet mignon was just okay. Salad and Seafood bisque were both very good. Prices were pretty expensive - about $35 pp. If you want spectacular sunset view this is the place, but if you just are going for he food you can probably do better.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Nice setting by the water, but food is quite average and service was terribly slow. It took 10-15 min to take our order and about 20-30 to bring hot dogs for kids. When I asked to speed up kids order, the answer was "are they hungry?" Crab cakes were quite good. Other things quite average, "signature" red chowder made out of canned vegetables, etc.. Bathrooms are dirty.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

In a town that has a limited number of real restaurants, I think McGlades is a gem. We had scallops wrapped in bacon, crab cakes and a cheese burger for dinner. The scallops were simply great, perfectly cooked and very fresh. My wife loved the crab cake and the veggies she had. I am addicted to cheeseburgers and thought McGlades cooked a very good burger. The meat was fresh not frozen, it was perfectly cooked and juicy. The burger bun was perfect, it came with a slice of tomato which was blistering red and tasty, I don't use lettuce, but it looked good also. The fries were cooked perfectly and you could tell the oil they used was fresh. Now we had a peanut butter cupcake type of dessert that was just awesome, a perfect ending. I also enjoyed a nice cup of fresh coffee. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the service was great. Our waitress was attentive, not overly quick and really let us enjoy the views from the deck. The hostess was very friendly also. Overall just a very nice place, with great views and friendly.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

7 for dinner on a July Friday night. No problem being seated which should have been our first clue. Wonderful view and great atmosphere. Ben the server was very nice. Sunset incredible. Nice menu. Two of our items were served other than how they were ordered (one was salad). Son said bisque was good, hubby said it was luke warm. One thought the burger was very good. Other said it was charred (ordered medium rare). Grouper not good. All potatoes were cold (but good). I had crab au gratin. Good. 18% gratuity was added for parties of 6 or more.

1  Thank jackiepaddy
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This place was great! We went last year and the food was awesome and you can't beat the view at sunset from the back deck.