“great hotel”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“great hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I loved this place! it was clean, staff was friendly, great pool with a lifeguard and close to everything!!! we had 2 queen beds, which was great, we had 2 adults and 3 6yr olds! I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tara C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
eatontown
Reviewed 10 August 2014

First time in Ocean City for me. Went down to meet my sister's family for one night. The room was over priced. The staff was nice enough to let us park even though we were early on Thursday in order to spend time with the neices and nephew. My other sister and I did not check into the room until later in the afternoon. We really spent no time in it at all. The following morning ( 6:00 A. M.)the toilet (on second floor in back of hotel) would not flush. I had to go down twice to get a plunger. Not once did the man at the desk offer to help. I even ended up leaving the plunger in the shower so someone would get the hint that the toilet needed to be fixed. At check out there was absolutely no "I am sorry for your bad experience." They just took my money and sent me on my way. I will not be staying there ever again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank andrea8524
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2014

When I made reservations for this hotel, I told the person I spoke with that I had trouble sleeping, and asked for a quiet room. He put me in a room that he said he was sure would be good, and if there were any troubles, I could tell the front desk and they would help me. He put me in a room facing the street with no sound barrier. A ride from the boardwalk had a booming recorded message that played every 2 minutes every night until midnight!!! It was so loud, it was like trying to sleep on the boardwalk!!! It was horrible!!! I was forced to stay up until midnight every night of my vacation. This was not relaxing.

I went to the front desk and asked to be moved, and even though they had two rooms available that night, the manager, Betsy, told me to "wait it out, because they would just have to move me the next day," Wait it out??? That's the best answer she could think of??? I think that she didn't want me to dirty up the room and make more work for the staff.

The next morning I went to the morning manager, April. She told me that the reservationist had told me that the room was near the amusement pier, but "since I didn't want to pay more money, they put me in the room I was in". How insulting. I told her that he should have known it was not a quiet room, and she said, "We just work here. We don't have any way to know if you can hear the rides like that." What an idiotic answer.

I've been in sales for many years and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. This staff needs comprehensive training in customer service and how to retain customers. I haven't encountered such self-centered, self-serving staff before. If it's not convenient for them, they don't do it. I think that's their motto. The customer comes second here. This is not the way to treat people. I talked two of my friends into staying there with me, bringing the hotel an extra $1,000 dollars, and I was very sorry that I did. I would not recommend the Impala.

Room Tip: This is not a customer-friendly hotel. I would choose another hotel to get better attention from sta...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anne99425
Brick, new jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We didn't book a room in advance, but thanks to a young girl at the front desk she was able to find us a room for 5 days, which was great. The rooms were clean and the service was more than adequate. All the employees were very knowledgeable about the area. Even the lifeguard was happy to direct us to the nearest surf board rental shop. The location is very nice as well. Just a minutes walk from the board walk and shopping centers.

• Stayed July 2014
jaabarlow, Manager at Impala Island Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thanks so much for your recent visit to the Impala Island Inn. We are delighted that you had a great stay. Hope you had fun surfing, too! Please visit us again the next time you are in Ocean City!
stallings
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I was able to book a room with a day notice.... Paid $169 for 2nd floor room across the street from front desk. Quiet and clean. Adequate for 1 night stay. We couldn't beat location. I would consider going back since it was clean, quiet, close to beach and able to find a parking spot pretty easily. We hung out on 2 nd floor deck overlooking pool.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to the Impala Island Inn! We try very hard to provide a good value for our customers and cleanliness is our number one priority.
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We took a chance on this hotel based on reviews, and we were not sorry. Two families met at the hotel and stayed for four nights. The staff made sure we were in rooms next to each other. Each room was large enough for two queen beds, a mini-fridge, table/chairs, and closet. We had 4 people in each room (2 adutls, and 2 teens), and it was fine. Even had enough outlets for all our electronics to charge.
Everything was so close by, we never had to move the car, so parking was not an issue.
Highly recommend.
My only small complaint was the garbage trucks at 7am picking up the neighboring dumpsters...but not something the hotel can control.

Room Tip: We were in the 600s (Really the second floor).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carenb_MA
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is an old fashioned motel. The things that bothered us the most were the crooked toilet that made it feel like you were falling off of it anytime you sat down and the windows and/or door were so thin you heard every trash truck every morning, and they drove by every morning. Room 600

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family