“Ok for 2 but don't expect to sleep in the living room”
Review of Wild Dunes Inn

Wild Dunes Inn
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 9 August 2005

We just spent 2 nights at the Wild Dunes and the room was quite clean and well serviced. The small kitchenette was nice to have but the rooms all face the amusement park which is great for convienience but not so great for sleep. We had hoped to have our kids sleep on the pull out couch in the living room but burst into gales of laughter at that idea when the loud whoosh of the roller coaster coupled with screams of the deligted riders filled the air. Our 3 year old was exhausted enough from a wonderful day at the beach to sleep among the din but the rest of us crammed into the king bed in the bed room, which was surprisingly quiet. We probaby won't be using this hotel again but if you can avoid using the pull out couch I would recommend it. Skip their restuarant it was terrible.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Cleveland, Oh
Reviewed 3 May 2005

We stayed at the Dunes based on the Sept. 2004 review. This place is very very clean. Great location too- ramp to boardwalk is right there. There is a roller coaster across the street. This may be a problem for some people during season. We stayed off season so it was not an issue. I would stay here again. The management let me see the room before we decided to stay. The carpet was clean. If Wild Dunes is kept this clean during season, then 2 thumbs up. For the price, location and cleanliness, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Drums, PA
Reviewed 21 September 2004

We just stayed at the Wild Dunes for a quick one-night getaway with our kids (ages 2 1/2 and 14 months). This hotel was PERFECT. We had a suite (I don't know if all roooms are suites or not). The bedroom had a king-size bed and the sitting room offered a sleeper sofa as well as a full mini kitchenette (frig, stovetop and sink) with all dishes and even a dishwasher! I don't know if the hotel was recently renovated but it was SPOTLESS and very nice. Right next door is a nice little restaurant (Bloom 'N Tupip) and immediately out the front door is the base of the ramp going up to the boardwalk--how convenient! The price was great too!

The ONLY drawbacks I see and this is more with regard to me personally as a person who uses a wheelchair...You have to check in at the Impala Island Inn and there is a short step up to get into their lobby. I had made the reservation in my name and under my credit card but I couldn't get in the lobby to register by myself. That was a bit disheartening as I like to be fully independent. The room, however, I must stress, was very accessible and quite large (although, if you're a stickler--there was no shower seat or handheld shower; only a tub and regular shower head).

The other thing may be a bigger issue in the very busy summer months (we were there on September 15th and the rides are all closed by 10:00 pm)...Our room faced the roller coaster of one of the amusement parks and it was a little loud so if you were trying to sleep, that might be a problem if the rides run late into the night. However, it wasn't excessively loud, considering.

I hope this helps anyone traveling to the Wild Dunes. It really was a very convenient location, it was clean and nice and very roomy, and, overall, it was a great value.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member