“Great place close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Biscayne Suites

Biscayne Suites
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Bucks County, PA
“Great place close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in a unit here for 2 nites this past weekend. The staff was very attentive and cordial, our unit spotless. Some of the furnishings were in need of replacement and the mattress on the sofabed was worn, so we took the bedspread off the king bed in the master and put it over the sofabed to add some cushion over the springs that could be felt. Units are individually owned and furnished by the owners, but managed (rented, cleaned) by the front desk.
Location was perfect, at 8th & Ocean, 2 short blocks from the boardwalk, just far enough to be quiet, but close enough to be at the beach and amusements with a 5 minute walk. Asbury Ave, the "Main Street" of OC, was also about 2 blocks. We parked our car and walked everywhere while down there. The nightly rate we paid of $259 was actually less expensive than other places with a pool that were rated high for customer satisfaction, and the fact that we needed at least 2 queens (this had queen sleeper in living area and king bed in master), due to my husband being over 6'6". The pool was rooftop with a lower level deck and not too crowded. We would stay here again

Room Tip: floors 23 & 4 would have ocean views if facing front of the building
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bucksbabe1720

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were planning a last minute trip to Ocean City and having trouble finding something that would accommodate a group of 6. I stumbled upon Biscayne Suites with just one reservation left for this past weekend. The rate was VERY reasonable compared to other locations I was considering and they could accommodate 6 of us, included a kitchen and separate living room.

I have to say I was very nervous that we would arrive and something would go wrong, but everything about this property worked for us. Check-in was a breeze, allowing us in our suite at 1:30 which gave us extra time at the beach. The suite was very clean, up to date, with no musty smell. We felt very safe, staff were very friendly and accommodating. I have to give extra kudos for the great air-conditioning. It was so hot and humid this weekend but so comfortable in the room. Location was ideal, just walk out the front door and go straight 2 blocks until you reached the Boardwalk. We received (6) beach tags without charge, which was a nice touch.

I would return to Biscayne Suites without a second thought. People complain about the parking spaces but that is such a minor thing. The only negative comment would be that the sleeper sofa was not too comfortable (according to the kids) and the toilet paper was the cheapest grade I have ever seen.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ajsTucson
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I would never recommend Biscayne Suites! My family and I stayed there and we had an Emergency and had to leave immediately. I made sure we left the room keys and the beach tags on the bureau. I would never steal them! Biscayne Suites charged me $90 for all four badges. I asked them to check with the maid that cleaned the room and they said there was only one badge left behind. This was totally untrue. They held me responsible and did not care about my emergency. This is poor customer service but more importantly I would worry about the cleaning staff coming into a room and stealing from the guests since they stole the badges. One other thing, I had to return to the room as I forgot something but had left all keys in the room. I went to the front desk and told them all keys were in the room and asked if I could have another one. Without even checking my identity, the girl at the desk said no problem and asked me my room number. Shen then gave me an access card. SECURITY IS A PROBLEM! Stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank R B
Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed at Biscayne Suites for 1 night at the end of June. The rooms are spacious (living room area with tv and small table with chairs, small kitchen area, and nice sized bedroom with tv). The bedroom had a king-sized bed, and the living room had a pull-out couch (not very comfortable though). The bathroom had two entrances (from bedroom and living room). The rooms all have private balconies facing street/boardwalk which was nice. The rooftop pool was nice also, and the water was warm. The rooms were clean. The parking lot is small though. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful (even gave us a second parking pass for the night since there was no parking anywhere). The location is great also, close to beach/boardwalk and restaurants. Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel in Ocean City.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie W
HBG. Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We thought we would give Biscayne Suites a try. We are very glad we did. The suite that we were given for a long weekend was very nice, updated, very large flat panel televisions. The suite was squeaky clean and very well equipped with kitchen supplies.

Only real complaint was the parking area. Spaces small and really tight and in short supply.

We tried to get in this year and there was no vacancies at the inn.... Easy to understand why.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MartJo
derwood, md
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel is not literally a hotel in the traditional sense since all units are privately owned. -My spouse and I reserved a 4th floor penthouse unit for 2 nights expecting something special. Well, it wasn't. As soon as we walked in the unit, it smelled of some kind of disinfectant cleaning solution and cigarette smoke despite being a non-smoking unit. The smell never left the unit for the 2 nights we spent there, despite having the widows open the whole time to try and air the place out. Beside this which is reason enough alone to not stay in this particular unit, the bathroom was incredibly cramped and had the smallest tub I have ever seen. There was little or no place to lay your toiletries. The little kitchen area was poorly equipped and lacked enough plates and had no wine glasses. There was a tiny round table for 2 people to eat at, not enough room for more than 2 if a family were staying here. The tub and the toilet drained at the speed of mollases. The tv set was too small for the bedroom despite being a flat screen. The place just reeked of trailor park trash ornaments and was badly in need of a major update and facelift. Finally, it had been recently painted over the winter but whomever painted it did an amateurish sloppy job. We have stayed at this hotel in the past and had a very good experience in a different room, so I would consider staying at this hotel again. But buyer beware that you might end up with an experience such as ours. By the way, if you want a larger unit with 2 good sized bathrooms and a large eating area (at the same price that we paid for our little unit), ask for a Grande unit. We were told by the front desk that there are only 2 of them in the building. We lucked out by getting one of these units on a previous stay, and didn't realize how lucky we had been. We thought all of the units were like the Grande unit.

Room Tip: Ask for a grande unit.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank trishDerwood
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

The only hotel my family stays at while in OC NJ! It's location to boardwalk, easy parking and price point is great! Yes it does not have the old world charm that maybe the Flanders has but it has much better parking and ocean views from the 3rd and 4th floor units on Ocean Ave! It is nice to have two separate rooms that allows privacy for both kids and us when we are actually in the room. What a great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family