“Biscayne Suites”
Review of Biscayne Suites

Biscayne Suites
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Good location - just 2 blocks from Boardwalk. Rooms are clean & adequate for a short stay. Parking is tight. We have stayed here for a few days for the past three years. I don't know when they refurbished the units last, but they are now in need of updating. Furniture is serviceable but showing wear.

Room Tip: Front rooms face east and get the hot morning sun until mid afternoon. Back rooms, of course, get t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Grandmother6
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

There are newer reviews for Biscayne Suites

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our room was Very Clean I would go back. Close to beach/boardwalk. Staff nice. Although u did not use the pool it looked very nice! The other complaint i has was shower pressure was not strong besides that i would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms were spacious and very clean
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary E
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Mary,

We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself at Biscayne Suites recently. It is always good to hear from a happy guest. Please be sure to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The first thing you need to be aware of is that the quality of the rooms varies DRAMATICALLY here, and they don't tell you that. They charge everyone the same price, even if your room happens to have been decorated in the seventies, is covered in mysterious stains, has furniture that is literally falling apart and has an odd odor (as ours did).

That being said, right down the hall, my parents were also staying and they had been given an absolutely lovely room that had obviously recently been refurbished with modern appliances, flat screen tvs, beautiful decor and much higher quality furniture/bedding/drapery, etc. Even the paint was different - in our room shabby hotel off white, in their room a warm yellow with matching decorations and murals. It was actually laughable to me how different the rooms were. I would understand if the rates were different, but to charge both of us nearly 300 dollars per night, while publicizing the pictures of rooms like my parents is practically criminal. When I complained at the front desk, they acknowledged there were rooms of "different styles" because they are privately owned and decorated but said they were booked and could not change ours. Because of this, and because I don't know which rooms are nice and which aren't (and the hotel staff can't be trusted to tell you which is which, so you just have be in the know), I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you really must stay here, ask specific questions about what room you're getting, such as whe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SNB42
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay here. Our rooms are individually owned and may have different decor than other rooms but all should be equally satisfying to our guests. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations.

I'd like to think you'd stay with us again in the future. Perhaps you will think differently next time.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family stayed one night in July. We had a one bedroom suite. The bedroom was huge with a nice size flat screen tv in both rooms.The bathroom was very clean. A couple down falls was the rubber mat in the tub. They really should not have that since they aren't very hygienic and quite frankly I didn't want to pull it out and have it lying on the floor. Also the bath towels are like sandpaper. They actually are uncomfortable to dry yourself with. Other than that the property is kept very clean and the rooftop pool is lovely. The location of the hotel is great. Close to beach and boardwalk. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the suites are individually owned so I'm sure it's based on time of availability.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kc2636

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize if the towels were not up to your standards. We'll work on that and hope to have softer towels for you next time.

I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just got home from a super weekend at Ocean City, NJ. First time we have stayed at Biscayne Suites and we would return. Room was clean and spacious. The staff was very courteous and friendly and more than willing to attend to our needs. It's in a perfect spot in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Harvlom
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your glowing response.

Our goal is to exceed our guests'

expectations and it appears

that we are heading in that direction.

Thank you for staying at Biscayne Suites.

We look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in July in unit 211. The suite had 2 rooms, 1 king bed in one room & a queen pullout in the other. Nice kitchenette and 1 full bath. There were also 2 TVs & 2 DVD players. The room was clean & spacious. The rooftop pool was nice, as was the deck. Hotel is centrally located to the beach, boardwalk & twin. This was our 2nd stay here & we will return.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Margie M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We here at Biscayne Suites love to have happy guest. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I was there for a family vacation for 5 nights and it was a great week. The hotel is close to the boardwalk (about two blocks) and the location was one of the best parts of staying at Biscayne. The front desk was friendly, maids were friendly and pleasant. The rooftop pool is such a huge bonus. Not to mention the eating/lounge area on the roof is a great place to get a view of ocean city. I got some great photos and enjoyed the best view of fireworks while there. The pool was shut down for a whole day, which was very inconvenient and disappointing. It would have been nice if there were arrangements made for a back up pool location but, I'm not wow sure how that would even work. Overall it was a nice place to stay and we all had so much fun. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here and I do plan to go back soon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer H

It's great to hear that you had such a nice time at Biscayne Suites. I am sorry about the pool but we had an unavoidable maintenance issue and had to close the pool. Insurance regulations do not allow us to have a backup at another property.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope that your stay is always pleasant.