“Nice oasis from the usual Boardwalk junk”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Cafe

Ocean Cafe
Ranked #157 of 212 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice oasis from the usual Boardwalk junk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We didn't have any adverse experiences with bottled water. They brought out (free!) glasses of ice water as soon as we asked for them. When they brought us the focaccia bread, however, we asked for olive oil to dip it in and seemed to cause a bit of confusion. Eventually we got that, too. I think there might be a cultural barrier with some of the staff, that's all. The food is a bit pricey but very good. Pasta dishes and mussels were delicious, and ultimately the staff was very courteous and helpful. A good experience and a nice dining experience when you want to get away from the disposable Boardwalk fare.

“Quality, quality, quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

And fresh! Been wanting to come here every year and finally convinced my spouse to go today. Wow. Talk about delicious -- the waitress convinced me to splurge on the fruit cup and I am SO glad I did. Fresh, delicious fruit with a dollop of fresh cream, presented beautifully. Every bit of it worth what I at first thought was a steep price. Just try and finish it in one sitting - I dare ya.

I also ordered a standard breakfast of two eggs snd hash browns with bacon. Did I mention quality? What about flavor? Yeah - it's at Ocean Cafe.

Atmosphere - not your average Boardwalk stand; it's a nice place to sit with great music (was that the Italian, Laura Pausini, I just heard?), and easily a place to sit and relax while sipping coffee with your partner.

Staff - New Jersey friendly, attentive, and just great. It was the waitress, after all, who comvinced to splurge on breakfast AND the fruit cup.

Price - really, better than I expected. About the same prices I'd expect at a slightly nicer than normal diner at home but with (did I mention this enough?) better quality. If you factor in the quality, this place is a better value than say, Bob's (a greasy Boardwalk diner at about the same price) for breakfast, hands down.

You should treat yourself to a great breakfast here at least once during your stay in OC.

Hmm - next meal is lunch...hope to see you at Ocean Cafe!

monmouth county
“rip off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

someone needs to call the town of ocean city and lodge a complaint. same thing, ordered eggs and toast, asked for water, they brought a bottle and charged us $5. never again will i eat there. very disappointed that a place like this is allowed in such a lovely community.

the waitress took our order, brought our water/coffee, went out to smoke, someone else brought our food, finally got her attention, got the bill, she went out for a smoke, finally we got up, walked to the register and she came in from a smoke. oh yeah, and the waiter behind us making his pedicure appointment and the manager sitting in the booth shuffling paper just looked at us.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Beware of rip offs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We went here with a group of 11 people for lunch. Most of us ordered water. The waitress didn't even ask, but brought us out bottles of water. Most people opened them before we asked and they charged us $2.50 a bottle. We ordered a small side of fruit for a small child. They brought out a HUGE fruit cup for $7.50 and covered it in whipped cream, the kids wouldn't even eat it!!!! Food was ok, but place is a rip off. Beware of it!

3 Thank hfeo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“More than pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Entrees run about $20+. If you ask for water, you get a bottle of it, for $2.50. Very pleasant waitresses. The bill adds up quickly. Cash only policy for tipping. Conveniently located in the midst of the hubub along the boardwalk.

• Visited July 2013