“Real Gem off the beaten path TRY THIS entree...”
Review of Bongo Cafe & Grille - CLOSED

Bongo Cafe & Grille
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Creative dishes served in an upbeat retro beach setting. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Separate vegan menu available. Gluten-free options. Pet friendly outdoor seating, in season.
Pennsburg,PA
“Real Gem off the beaten path TRY THIS entree...”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

First ever visit had Erin as waitress, she was great! We had broccoli cheddar soup & Sea Ruben sandwich. Deeeelicious. The only thing not fab was the coffee & I love coffee. If it has been sitting way too long it's not good. They were closing at 3 &'it was about 2, but still good coffee is good coffee, & old coffee is not. The meal was excellent overall.
Second visit great waitress Demaris had Grown Up grilled cheese w goat cheese orange cranberry marmalade, a pot of positively peach tea, hubby had mahi mahi tacos, which came with rice,beans, salsa wonderful.
Will visit again anytime correction every time in ocean city.

Ocean, New Jersey
“One of our favorite spots”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I had a great breakfast at Bongos. Everything was delicious, service was excellent, (thank you Terry!) and we loved the relaxed atmosphere. We're from the south end of the island but always make it a point to visit Bongos when we are in town.

Atlanta, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Gem in Ocean City”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Thank you trip advisor for a recommendation for a great breakfast spot. I never would have found it amidst all of the other tourist traps in Ocean City. We had brunch and it was excellent. Fresh ingredients, and creative recipes, we were very pleased. It was so nice to have a great variety of healthy options. Susan, our server, was very friendly and her recommendations were right on. I highly recommend Bongo to people looking for healthy, fresh food with on-site owners that care about the dining experience. We will be back again tomorrow! This restaurant needs to be discovered by more people. Highly recommended!

Neptune, New Jersey
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Wow! Food phenomenal! Service exceptional (thanks Terry)! My vegan entree was truly one of the best meals I've ever had. Very rare that I am able to eat a vegan meal that's DELICIOUS while my boyfriend enjoys his carnivore meal as well. Absolutely amazing!

Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Ridiculously good”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Read trip advisors review and decided to give it a try. Ordered the Bayside omelette and it was ridiculously good. The best way to explain it was to say that although I was full, it was so good I could not stop eating it....very rare for that to happen. Cute decor, great service fabulous food. Not only will we be back, we will be back tomorrow. A must for us now while in Ocean City.