“FAB!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we arrived shortly after 5pm which is a necessity to be seated quickly on the Sunday of Labor Day wknd in a boardwalk restaurant. I was craving fried oysters and my daughter remembered I'd gotten them there last year. When we first arrived, seating looked questionable but we got the last table. The seating is definitely sufficient, inside if it's too hot and outside w umbrellas if not too hot. Anyway, we put in our orders, the food was swiftly delivered with a smile, the food was fantastic, biggest oysters I have ever had fried! And I'm from up by the city so I consider myself a bit of a food snob. And the prices were not exorbitant, actually VERY good compared to other places I'd seen on the island for the same thing. And I think mine was better! And the salad was nicely prepared, quality greens, tomatoes, cuc's, nice papaya dressing. My daughter had the crab cakes with no filler and I had a bite, very good! and the other three members of my family had a grilled chicken breast w bbq sauce and sticky rice and they were all equally impressed. That is saying something for 5 people!! to be happy, very full, and quickly served on a holiday wknd!! Only inconvenience, but we were lucky, was it is a cash business only but I understand they will do much better financially and quicker service that way. Plenty of ATM's on the boards, nothing really to worry about.

2  Thank Donna E

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Decent and fairly fresh tasting food. It's slightly off the boardwalk which is nice since you'll have fewer gulls dive bombing on your food. Pulled pork - pretty good. Coconut shrimp - meh. It's a nice change up from pizza and chicken nugget type food. Kids meal was kinda pricey. Cash only. Warning - If you're ordering takeout/pickup, it's nearly impossible to find.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I spent 3 days in Ocean City, NJ last week. 2 of those days we ate at the Hula Grill! Because it is always excellent; the food is so fresh and delicious. Their sauces are their "signature" and they ARE incredible. The salad dressing is so good, you could put it on everything. The service is great and even though it's busy ALL the time, you don't have to wait that long for service. LOVE IT!!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My mom and I visited Hula Grill last weekend. Their service is very fast and the hawaiian flare is very well-done. I had gotten the coconut shrimp. No compliants - nothing snazzy, tho. Similar to Red Lobster's coconut shrimp. I did like the sticky rice and the side salad with their special hawaiian dressing. Yum! And the orange flavored dipping sauce for the shrimp was great. Now my mom's meal was not quite as impressive. Though she doesn't eat the rice and salad (which were a great partner to the meal in my opinion) the battered shrimp were just a little small and didn't really appear to be homemade. In general, it was a tasty meal, but for the price, I don't know that i would go for the battered shrimp. Stick with the coconut shrimp, soup, or some of the fish :)

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This place is great if you are looking for something other that the usual "pizza or fries" on the boardwalk. Delicious salads and fish. The food is excellent. We ate here almost every night. The only reason it did not get 5 stars is that it is a bit pricey. That being said, we will still go back being that these places are very far and few to be found on the Boardwalk.