“Good food on the Boardwalk!”
Review of Hula Grill

Hula Grill
Ranked #7 of 218 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Rocky Hill, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food on the Boardwalk!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have enjoyed both lunch and dinner here recently and both were a pleasant surprise. Hawaiian chicken with steamed rice were delicious. Clearly fresh and well-prepared. The side salad was tasty, the dressing somewhat sweet but very good. For lunch I had a summer salad with grilled salmon, fresh strawberries and goat cheese. My entire family enjoyed it and I was able to have fresh, delicious food in a convenient spot. Will definitely go again!

• Visited July 2014

Greater Binghamton
“Awesome food for a great price!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We found the hidden treasure on the OC Boardwalk through TripAdvisor...The Hula Grill! This restaurant is the best kept secret. Before we tell you more, please be aware that this is a CASH only restaurant but don't let that deter you from trying it. Pack the cash....it's worth it!! First, if you're looking for ambience this is not the place for you. The Hula is a casual, come as you are, grill with dining inside and on the patio. It is located next to the Go Karts between 9th and 10th Street Boardwalk. We tried 3 different entrees the first time we ate there. The Hawaiian Chicken and BBQ Pulled Pork were excellent. The entrees were served with 2 scoops of sticky rice and a fresh salad with homemade dressing. Each was well worth the reasonable price paid. Our daughter ordered the chicken tenders meal and couldn't even finish it. We enjoyed eating there so much that we made a second visit to the Hula. This time we ordered the Hawaiian Chicken again as well as the Ahi Tuna platter. Both we delicious and filling even for a "big guy!" Ordering and the speed and quality of sevice was excellent both times at the Hula. While we were shopping on the Boardwalk, we spoke with several locals who highly recommended the Hula over any other restaurant. If you travel to OCNJ, make sure to stop by the Hula Grill for some delicious food at a great price! Remember your cash though!

Visited July 2014
“Great spot on the boardwalk”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

For a change from pizza and fries, we stopped in for some great chicken and salad one evening. It is nothing fancy and there is not table service so just pick up and take out to a table on the boardwalk. this is a good alternative to the unhealthy options normally found on the boardwalk.

“Boardwalk must!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

They have a terrific Hawaiian chicken meal. The chicken is tender and perfectly marinated. The house salad and rice complete this dish with a nice amount of food for a fair price.

1 Thank cleanma
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Went twice and will return!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I wanted to try this little place because of the TripAdvisor reviews I read before our trip. It lived up to my expectations! We had coconut shrimp that was awesome even though I don't like coconut. They must have chopped it very fine so that I could not even notice the texture. One night scallops were a special and they were cooked perfectly. My oldest child shared them with me, trading some shrimp for some scallops. The platters came with fresh salad which was very good. My youngest child who is a picky eater thought the chicken tenders were the best. My husband doesn't enjoy seafood but he liked his pulled pork sandwich very much. This is a small restaurant and the lines can be daunting but they were very efficient. Bring cash because they do not accept credit cards. I guess that keeps their prices reasonable.

• Visited July 2014