“Don't bother”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Where The Town Meet
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very unprofessional. Don't waste your time or money. There are plenty of friendly places that value their customers and workers. They clearly don't value their workers feelings or performance.

4  Thank Topsyteddybear

Reviewed 23 June 2014

we stopped here for breakfast and oh my...it was not good. My omelet tasted as though they watered down the egg and the home fries were also disappointing as they had a funky flavor I could not put my finger on. It was advertised as being under new management but even so they need reevaluate how they make food. blah!

4  Thank Janine K
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ate lunch here last weekend. Service was good. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside, which was very pleasant. The kids loved their pancakes. My husband had the pigs in a blanket, which were breakfast sausage wrapped on pancakes. He said that there were okay. I had the crab cake sandwich. It was good, but not great.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our family was not thrilled with the Chatterbox. Nothing about this restaurant is special or would make me want to return.

My wife had the mac and cheese, I had a meatball parm sandwich and my mother-in-law had the chicken parm. The only part of the meal which was above normal was my seafood chowder soup.

Prices are typical Ocean City, but what really irked me is they charge for fountain soda refills. Each soda (probably 14 ounces or so) is $2.85. To me that is a major rip off and greedy.

Will not be back.

3  Thank Marc19002
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were excited to try the "new" Chatterbox in Ocean City. A landmark for many years, we were sorry to see it in decline and anxious to experience it again, now that it was touting "New Ownership". What a disappointment!!!
We stopped for a late lunch to enjoy some traditional New Jersey Pork Roll as a sandwich on a hard roll. Well... they were out of Pork Roll for "several days", (Hint: Go to the supermarket at the end of the street!). Major Disappointment!
Ordered a substitute mediocre lunch for three - 2 adults and a 5 year old. Not the best cheese steak. Major Disappointment!
Waitress didn't seem to understand job. Major Disappointment!
When bill came, were billed a la carte for "Kids Meal". Major Disappointment!
Sorry to say, we won't soon return.

3  Thank JCK2462