“Very disappointing”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Where The Town Meet
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very disappointing visit. We were excited to stop by for dinner at this Ocean City icon since it is under new ownership and has been remodeled since hurricane Sandy. The setting is pretty but the service was very slow (local teenagers) and unprofessional and the food was pretty bad. The prices are not inexpensive. The food seems like it comes right from the freezer. The sweet potato fries were still frozen, the gravy was from a jar and the chicken fingers were over done. Nothing seems homemade except for the lump crab cakes which were delicious. The potato chips are tossed on the plate right in the little bag! The impression we got was that the place needs to reduce the menu, figure out its identity and then get really good at a few dishes. Otherwise, you might want to go somewhere else.

3  Thank HappyWanderers5

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very unprofessional. Don't waste your time or money. There are plenty of friendly places that value their customers and workers. They clearly don't value their workers feelings or performance.

4  Thank Topsyteddybear
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we stopped here for breakfast and oh my...it was not good. My omelet tasted as though they watered down the egg and the home fries were also disappointing as they had a funky flavor I could not put my finger on. It was advertised as being under new management but even so they need reevaluate how they make food. blah!

4  Thank Janine K
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ate lunch here last weekend. Service was good. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside, which was very pleasant. The kids loved their pancakes. My husband had the pigs in a blanket, which were breakfast sausage wrapped on pancakes. He said that there were okay. I had the crab cake sandwich. It was good, but not great.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our family was not thrilled with the Chatterbox. Nothing about this restaurant is special or would make me want to return.

My wife had the mac and cheese, I had a meatball parm sandwich and my mother-in-law had the chicken parm. The only part of the meal which was above normal was my seafood chowder soup.

Prices are typical Ocean City, but what really irked me is they charge for fountain soda refills. Each soda (probably 14 ounces or so) is $2.85. To me that is a major rip off and greedy.

Will not be back.