“Mario's is open and still great!!”

Mario's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 225 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Soups
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went back to Mario's last week for the first time since they were closed for repair & renovations since getting hit by Hurricane Sandy in 2012. They just reopened a few weeks ago (April 2014). We were not disappointed!! The food was delicious (great pizza with lots of choices & toppings), the atmosphere was fun, the help was friendly & attentive, and the prices are still very reasonable. We will be going back before the summer crowds arrive!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Nice Italian restaurant with seating and takeout. Still closed for repairs as of July 2013. Pizza was always good! White pizza is awesome and rich. Looking for their comeback better than ever.

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant based on previous visits because we loved it. To our sadness it is not open. It looked like it was under construction but not sure when it will be open again. Guessing it was a casualty of Sandy.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The others in my party enjoyed everything they ordered. I had the spaghetti and meatballs. The spaghetti was cooked perfectly. The sauce was sweet and not seasoned so I added salt and parmesan. I would have preferred a more acidic instead of sweet taste. The meatballs had a nice consistency and size but would have benefited from some garlic.Overall, a nice experience. The criticisms are just my personal preferences concerning taste.

1  Thank Ty P
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The night I took my family to Mario's we were looking for a place that could feed the six of us quickly after a long day of vacation activities in beautiful . The troops were restless and starving so I had to find a place that had good food, and could seat us quickly. Thankfully Mario's fit the bill on both accounts. In getting seated within 5 minutes of arriving, Mario's was just what we needed.

To be honest from the outside Mario's is underwhelming, Its a small corner builiding but don't let that fool you. It a place that serves honest food for what I think is a pretty reasonable price. The portion sizes were good, not small but not so big that you can't finish. So I would say the portion sizes and the prices were just right.

The menu has a wide range of choices, pizza, sandwiches and dinner items. Basically there is something for everyone in your group on the menu so no need to feeling guilty about the choice of a particular restaurant at Mario's.

We had a great time and had some good food and did it quickly. Its everything I look for in a restaurant when I am on vacation. So, like I said Mario's was just right.