“Good if you know what to expect.”

Sifting Sands Motel
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Bucks County PA
“Good if you know what to expect.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We travel to OC every year. Most times with our two boys, this most recent trip was just the two of us. I have to say, I stayed here years ago and was not happy. This time, it was better. Yes, all of rooms are privately owned so they vary greatly. That said, when you go online you can look at each one of the rooms to understand what you will get. If you look carefully at the pictures, you can tell which ones have an updated bathroom. I think that sets the tone for the rest of the unit - so choose carefully. Our first time we did feel attitude from the management. Not so this time. The manager (an older gentleman and I forget his name) was very nice to me from my telecon with him to the day we left. He knew we were repeat guests and even recommended a different room than the one I had originally called for. He did not steer me wrong. We like our unit and appreciated that it had faux wood floors and not dirty sand filled carpets. The bathroom, countertops and even burner unit were new. The place was nicely painted as well.

Yes, these are very tiny units. You walk in and there is the kitchen on one side, a futon on the other and two doors lead to either the small bedroom or the bathroom. When we stayed years ago we learned that you could not close the bedroom door or you wouldn't get any air as the unit only has on A/C unit which is located in the main 'living room' area. So much for a bedroom and privacy, if you have kids. When we did come before with kids, they were little and pooped out when we returned to the room. I would not stay here with my kids now and the place is too small and not possible to manuever around with 4 (almost) adults. However, it was perfect, clean and nicely kept for my husband and I on a quick and quite couples getaway.

For those that don't know the area, it's a quick 1 1/2 block walk to the beach and boards. No need for your car the entire stay as everything is in walking distance. Great restaurants and shopping all around!

If you carefully decide which unit to stay in and are assured that your unit has a new(er) bathroom, you should be ok. Oh, and the cleaning people have gotten much better since our last stay.

Room Tip: Go online and look at each one of the rooms before
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
manahawkin, nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

luckily never made it to this hotel..we had to cancel reservation, more than 2 weeks in advance, whoever answered the phone when we cancelled was downrite nasty and rude..when asked when the money would be refunded to my debit card i was told when he got around to it..and this was before Memorial Day..can imagine what would happen during the busy summer months...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank NTHESTIX

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I've just returned from a weekend in OC that was perfect. I didn't know what to expect from this motel but it was great. There were bunk beds for my kids (the gentleman on the phone asked me ahead of time if this was okay) and a queen size bed for us. The bathroom was clean. We didn't use the kitchen much. The pool was a great alternative to the very rough beach. When it was check out time, the gentleman in the office said i could keep my car there until we were ready to go home instead of having to move it. Really, super friendly people. Oh - it was cheaper than the other places I called by almost $100 and they didn't require me to have a 2 night stay, which all the other places did. We will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Blackwood, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

I just came back from spending a night at the motel. We paid $225.00 for a tiny room. Comforter on bed had stains. The bathroom was ancient. The rooms smelled like smoke. Tiny shower had a handle on the faucet that kept coming off. On the plus side, the people that work in the office are nice, pool and pool area is clean. The location is nice. I think its a rip off to charge that kind of money for a room like that!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sportsmom70
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

This is a Condo Motel where each person owns a room.

We had a blackout and they had no flashlights or candles and when I nicely asked what was going on with the blackout the man in the office very nastily said he didn't know because he had lost his crystal ball. The Motel was not there for their guests and the man was very rude. There was absolutely no kind of light in the room, just blackness. The lights went out at about 4:30 PM and came back around 10:30 PM only to go out again at around midnight.

Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank JACNewYork
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2009

Me and my MS150 team stayed here for one night during the MS150 Bike tour. It was pretty good. Service was okay, but the rooms were pretty cozy and tight. It was pretty modern though even though it had a lamp with no shade no where near an outlet. Showers were very small. Few blocks away from beach and boardwalk.

• Stayed October 2009
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

I booked this after reading both good & bad reviews. I just thought the bad reviews were just being too picky. This is a condotel & units are individually owned so what you get is potluck. The room I got was horrible, from the time I entered the room until I was able to get back to my own house all I could do was itch. Mind you the itching was more psychosomatic but the room was that dingy. I tried the first night to call around & see if we could find somewhere else, but every place was booked. This is the first & last time I stay at this place.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family