“Room 7, Not so great!”

Sifting Sands Motel
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
“Room 7, Not so great!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed in Room 7. The decor was nice but that was it. The door deadlock was broken, it just spinned around in the door ready to fall out. There was no way to lock the door from the inside! There was no bathtub so that was a problem with 2 kids needing to take a bath! It is hard to shower a baby in your arms. The light bulbs were burned out in the ceiling fan so it was really dark in the room. There was no curtain on the bathroom window so anyone across the street up high could see right in when you are in there at night! Also, people smoking outside the room all night and day! And the parking spots are so small, you couldn't even barely walk between the cars with your luggage. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Look at rooms on the website before choosing!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Browneyedgirl529

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
philly
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The units are very small. Main bed was very hard, futon was alittle better. Could use a bigger shower....very tiny. Was cutely decorated and the pool was nice. They came to clean the room but left dirty towels & trash right out front of your room till next morning...yuck. And could not get internet at all.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chele3030

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been staying in OC,NJ for several years - this has been the worst experience by far. For starters, the smoke detectors were hanging off the walls (not attached) with no batteries in sight. I attempted to charge my phone and the wall plate detached from the wall - not kidding at all. The hotel has WiFi, however I was unable to connect. I went to the front desk and was told to sit outside of the room or by the pool to be able to stay connected.

I went to take a shower and was surprised to see how dingy and gross it was - take shower shoes or flip flops - I would not go in without shoes on your feet.

I was siting out at the pool, when I overheard a parent telling her child it was ok to pee in the pool, seriously disgusting.

Last, I was attempting to heat up my leftover lunch for dinner and was surprised to see the interior of the microwave covered in rust! Yes, rust. I did not plan on getting a tetanus shot while on a weekend trip, so I avoided using the microwave.

Room Tip: the hotel has a website, the pictures are NOT accurate and if you call - the manager will lie and sa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Time4chge
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the sifting sands motel this past Memorial Day weekend. We stayed for one night, it started out well but quickly went downhill. We had 4 people in our room, with a fifth along for the ride but was staying in Sea Isle. We checked in with no problem, went to the room to get situated. We left to go to grab something to eat on the boardwalk and when we walked past the office, the manager asked us "How many people are staying with you?" We told him 4 and that the 5th person was staying in Sea Isle. He told us "no more than 4 in the room at any given time" About 15 minutes later we walked back to the room where again the manager was standing outside the office. He once again asked us how many people were staying in our room. Once again we responded 4. We left for Sea Isle for the night and did not return until 6am the next morning. At 845am, we were woken up by LOUD banging on our door as if the police were outside. It was the manager, who walked right into our room while we were all sleeping and for the third time asked how many people were in our room. He was surprised when he saw that only 4 of us were there like we told him from the beginning. Needless to say, the manager harassed us the whole time we were there. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank jordomf6
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed at this Motel on 4 different occasions now and have never had a bad experience. The location to shopping, boardwalk, and places to eat is incredible as it's located just about near the middle of the boardwalk entrance on 9th street, which is very convenient. Parking in the season can be a little tight, but the spaces are reserved and each room is supposed to have 1 parking spot. The Manager, Arnie, is very friendly and very accommodating if needed. I read some of the reviews about how he is not available after 6pm if you need him, and that is simply not true. Arnie is always on property, as he stays there, and if you need help in the middle of the night, he will jump to help if you need it. I have always had a different room when staying and I highly recommend checking out their website for the room pictures and descriptions. Also, when booking, be sure to let them know how many will be staying so they can attempt to provide you with a room that has adequate space for all your guests and belongings. Another thing to remember is that each room is owned by someone other than the motel. The management simply rents these out for the owners, so they have minimal control over the type of flooring, dressers, couches, bathroom, etc. If you ever have an issue, speak with Arnie and he will work with you to provide a resolution. He is not mean and harsh as some people make him out to be, but very understanding.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify how many are traveling so they can accommodate with a room to fit
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jason B
Glendora, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I would not recommend staying here, very dirty ,spiders in the rooms ,ceiling fan was so covered with dust also had burnt out light bulbs. Bed was so bad in bedoom, big divit in the middle.Bunk beds had mold on the top mattress. Table and chairs were so wobbly you were afraid to use them. Just a very bad experience I will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank ccominskie
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We called a couple months before our trip to reserve a choice room. [All rooms here are not created equal!] A few weeks later they called to tell us the room we picked was no longer available and they were 'upgrading' us to another room.
We decided against coming after all and when we called to cancel our reservation, the guy on the phone was VERY, very rude and unprofessional! He told us we would have to cancel through booking.com and that we did not make a deposit. He also said we had reserved two rooms. [Such a mess!!]
Fortunately I had kept careful information, told him we called THEM to reserve and the exact price we had paid in deposit. After giving a lecture on what a terrible decision we were making, [and asking to speak with my *mother*] he grudgingly said he would refund our money.
Beware if you stay here and know all your information!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple