“Disappointing Dinner” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luigi's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Luigi's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Houston, TX
“Disappointing Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Visited Luigi's for first time in about 8 years - nostalgic trip to Ocean City. Had the chicken parmesan. The chicken was not very tender and not breaded - just chicken with mozzarella cheese on top and a sauce that tasted like it came from a jar - but I've had better from jars. My husband had lasagna - same sauce and tasteless. Salad before the dinner was good with a good dressing and rolls were good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Urbanites

Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“Had big hopes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Very average Italian. Sauce was thin. Place was cramped. Could be so much better. Not a terrible place just not a top Italian eatery.Would of been better at a pizza joint.

Visited September 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good Italian food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The restaurant was totally redone after being destroyed by Hurricane Sandy. The new furniture gives the place a whole new feel....and it is pleasant. The food is consistently good.

Visited August 2013
Towamencin
“Outstanding, best restaurant in Ocean City NJ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

What a delight! Outstanding food, cheerful staff and reasonable (family friendly) prices. I don't know why anyone would pass up a delicious meal at Luigi's to have a questionable version of pizza flopped on a paper plate at any of the Russian/Italian Board-walk places.
I had the Chicken Parmigiana, it was outstanding. There was plenty of cheese and sauce on a tender chicken breast, and a heaping helping of spaghetti on the side. Both of my boys loved their generous portion of spaghetti and meatballs. Their plates were piled so high that my oldest son (10 yrs.) did not complain about having to order off the kid's menu. The meat lasagna was enjoyed by my wife. In all the meal was outstanding.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank BrianHeck
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“A family tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to OCNJ ever since I was a little girl and Luigi's has always been a part of our family tradition. This is the second year that I have been back with my own family and 2 year old daughter and is my second year reviewing. It is just as fabulous as I remember growing up! I am shocked at some of the poor reviews. I don't understand how someone can't appreciate the 'homey' feel and personal touch that Luigi's provides in a very commercial town.

I grew up eating the baked rigatoni and this year it didn't disappoint. My husband loved the kick of the fra diavolo sauce and my daughter loved the meatballs. One suggestion - we would love to try the baked rigatoni made with the fra diavolo sauce. See you again next year Luigi's!

• Visited July 2013