Inn The Gardens B&B
US$218
Very Good 4/5
Biscayne Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Ocean 7(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Pool
Port-O-Call Hotel(Ocean City)
US$222
Great 4.5/5
Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$84
Good 3.5/5
Coral Sands(Ocean City)
US$55
Good 3.5/5
Beach Club Hotel(Ocean City)
Great 4.5/5
Zenneth Manor Inn(Ocean City)
Great 4.5/5
Impala Island Inn(Ocean City)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewshome away from homegarden districtthe north endsunshine roombeach tagsprivate porchoutdoor showerfront porchstreet parkingquichemini fridgepleasant staywalking distanceair conditioningfew blocksjennifercereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Six years ago I was fortunate to find Inn the Gardens and stay there over the New Years holiday. My wife and I had such a good time we have been back every year since. Each year we are greeted warmly like family or long time friends. My resolution to watch my waist line gets broken first thing New Year's Day when Jen serves our breakfast. We've yet to have the same breakfast since we have been visiting. Whatever room we end up in is always warm, bright and cheerful. If we ever make any request, Jen has the answer. Whatever season you are visiting, Inn the Gardens is the place to stay!

Room Tip: We love the front rooms with the porch.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This Inn was more like a MOTEL. When we arrived on a 50-degree day, it was very chilly. I noticed a gas fireplace that wasn't being used and wondered why! Obviously this B & B is for SEASONAL guests when the weather is hot and they are spending most of their time at the beach. No heat in the room; we were told to turn on the thermostat if needed. And the walls were thin....I could hear a woman in the next room talking loudly on her cell phone until the wee hours of the morning. The bedspread was my blanket (without any extras!) so I slept in my robe. Supposedly we should have let the water run for several minutes to have a hot shower, but after letting the water run for a while it still wasn't even room temperature. Who wants that?? The owner was pleasant but she should only open for beach season in my opinion.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charity W
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We arrived in 50 degree weather, and were told that our third floor room had no heat on "Is that okay?", then shown where the thermostat was. I slept in my clothes waiting for the heat to kick on in our freezing room. In fairness, we were told the basket on the first floor contained washclothes, but if you forget to grab them then, you can also forget about having one for your morning shower! Speaking of showers, we waited 3 minutes for the water to get anything other than ICE cold (my hand ached as I tested). Were told as we left in defeat that "I should have told you" it takes 10 minutes to get hot on the third floor! Not the cleanest place, and needs updating, but the proprietor was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicki B
innthegardens, Owner at Inn The Gardens B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

In response to “Freezing” and “Not a B & B” who traveled together. It was a warm November day and prior guests had windows open when the heat was up. As a courtesy, let you control the heat with the thermostat that was right by your door. The heat works great, so does the hot water. It is a shame that you were cold since that is something that could have been corrected in a matter of minutes had you only let us know. When you mentioned that there was no hot water, I assured you that there was, it just takes a moment to make it up to the top floor. When offered to go up immediately and show you there was plenty, you declined. We are constantly renovating and upgrading since this is our home as well as our business. While we appreciate all the positive comments throughout the years, yours has caused us to take a hard look at where we can improve. On the flip side, might be good to mention your concerns while at the accommodation to have a more positive experience for all.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at Inn the Gardens B & B on August 10, our wedding anniversary. Our stay there could not have been better. The room and bathroom (Sea Breeze) was small but very cozy and comfortable--also very quiet. The inn is located in a quiet section of Ocean City (The Gardens) with very little traffic or people noise at night. The owners, Jennifer and her husband, were wonderful hosts. Breakfast was delicious. We especially liked being able to get our complimentary beach tags and change into our bathing suits when we arrived prior to check-in time. Behind the house, there is an enclosed outside shower and changing room which we were allowed to use (also the beach tags) after our check-out time the next day. This really extended our stay to two full days. We will definitely return to Inn the Gardens on our next overnight visit to Ocean City.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cam H
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We just returned from a weekend in Ocean City, N.J. and stayed for the first time at the delightful Inn the Gardens -- which is just as adorable as the name suggests. I actually booked it based on Trip Advisor reviews, and I wanted to make sure I added one on here.

The Inn is in the best part of OC, in my opinion, away from the boardwalk and noise, but not too far away from everything. Jennifer, the owner, is warm and friendly -- making you feel like a welcome guest in her "home" the second you walk in the door. The Inn itself is charming and simple, with wonderful communal ammenities like DVDs to borrow, an internet to use, wine glasses to enjoy a bottle of wine you've perhaps brought on the dry island, or simply rocking chairs and citranella candles to sit on the porch and enjoy the serenity. The rooms have private baths, soaps and shampoos, towels, fridges, air conditioners, cable tvs, and fans... as well as WiFi. They are simply decorated, but completely up to par with any chain hotel.

Oh, and there are journals in each room where people can write their stories down and read others' adventures too. It's really a lovely touch.

Breakfast was warm eggs, homecooked, and granola and yogurt, and fresh fruit, and coffee, orange juice, cereal, and more. Certainly enough to make a Hampton Inn look shabby with their continental offerings! Parking is free and easy, right on the streets surrounding the Inn. The Bay or the Ocean are merely blocks away, and Jennifer will give you beach passes to use for free. PLUS, even if you checkout at 11 a.m., you can still use the Inn's outdoor shower and your beach pass until the end of the day.

Really, it's the perfect beach inn. I cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: You can select your own room here on the Inn's website from pictures and request it!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple