“Bob H Perfect Visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Inn The Gardens B&B
Ranked #6 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I visited Ocean City and Inn the Gardens on Memorial Day weekend. The weather was perfect as was Inn the Gardens. This was our 2nd visit, and it lived up to our fond memories from last summer. Jennifer is the quintessential host, so accommodating and friendly yet unobtrusive. The house was sparkling clean, cozy and quiet. I slept better here than at home. Breakfast was delicious. We're already looking forward to our next visit-- we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob H

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I stayed Saturday night of Memorial Day weekend. Jennifer, the innkeeper, was so accommodating when we arrived at Inn the Gardens around noon on Saturday, taking us to our room and sharing her information notebooks with us. We knew from our previous stay last August that if the room is ready early, guests don't need to wait for an "official" check-in time, and if it's not ready we could use the outside shower for changing into our bathing suits and head to the beach. We stayed in a different room this visit and it was perfect--clean, and comfortable, with it's own bathroom with shower, and a refrigerator where we could keep our lunch, snacks, and drinks cold. Sunday morning's breakfast of orange juice, fresh fruits, nuts, two kinds of eggs, homefries, toast, and cereal was delicious, and we had a delightful time chatting with Suzanne and Skip who have been coming to Inn the Gardens for thirteen years! After checking out of our room Sunday we spent the day on the boardwalk and beach and then returned to Inn the Gardens to use the outside shower, which is one of our favorite bonuses at Inn the Gardens. For a one-night stay we really enjoy two days of Jennifer's wonderful hospitality and accommodations!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cam H
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife & I were @ Inn the Gardens in mid-May of 2011, for a second honeymoon.We loved it! Jennifer(Innkeeper)was friendly,and attentive; our room,Garden Breeze was lovely, and the homecooked breakfasts were delicious.Being there a bit preseason, we were the only guests @ that time, and thus were able to be treated to a tour of all the rooms, each with it's own theme,and all of them appeared very nice,and comfortably well appointed.
Even while there,in calls to our grown daughters,we vaunted the idea they should plan a stay there. The thing that most hooked us on looking forward to a return trip to this specific B&B: Jennifers' attention to detail made us feel special. And it helped too, that we loved Ocean City,NJ.

Room Tip: As a "couples sized" room, Garden Breeze was great, & our favorite. Balcony access was...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelly P
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Six years ago I was fortunate to find Inn the Gardens and stay there over the New Years holiday. My wife and I had such a good time we have been back every year since. Each year we are greeted warmly like family or long time friends. My resolution to watch my waist line gets broken first thing New Year's Day when Jen serves our breakfast. We've yet to have the same breakfast since we have been visiting. Whatever room we end up in is always warm, bright and cheerful. If we ever make any request, Jen has the answer. Whatever season you are visiting, Inn the Gardens is the place to stay!

Room Tip: We love the front rooms with the porch.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This Inn was more like a MOTEL. When we arrived on a 50-degree day, it was very chilly. I noticed a gas fireplace that wasn't being used and wondered why! Obviously this B & B is for SEASONAL guests when the weather is hot and they are spending most of their time at the beach. No heat in the room; we were told to turn on the thermostat if needed. And the walls were thin....I could hear a woman in the next room talking loudly on her cell phone until the wee hours of the morning. The bedspread was my blanket (without any extras!) so I slept in my robe. Supposedly we should have let the water run for several minutes to have a hot shower, but after letting the water run for a while it still wasn't even room temperature. Who wants that?? The owner was pleasant but she should only open for beach season in my opinion.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charity W
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We arrived in 50 degree weather, and were told that our third floor room had no heat on "Is that okay?", then shown where the thermostat was. I slept in my clothes waiting for the heat to kick on in our freezing room. In fairness, we were told the basket on the first floor contained washclothes, but if you forget to grab them then, you can also forget about having one for your morning shower! Speaking of showers, we waited 3 minutes for the water to get anything other than ICE cold (my hand ached as I tested). Were told as we left in defeat that "I should have told you" it takes 10 minutes to get hot on the third floor! Not the cleanest place, and needs updating, but the proprietor was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicki B
innthegardens, Owner at Inn The Gardens B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

In response to “Freezing” and “Not a B & B” who traveled together. It was a warm November day and prior guests had windows open when the heat was up. As a courtesy, let you control the heat with the thermostat that was right by your door. The heat works great, so does the hot water. It is a shame that you were cold since that is something that could have been corrected in a matter of minutes had you only let us know. When you mentioned that there was no hot water, I assured you that there was, it just takes a moment to make it up to the top floor. When offered to go up immediately and show you there was plenty, you declined. We are constantly renovating and upgrading since this is our home as well as our business. While we appreciate all the positive comments throughout the years, yours has caused us to take a hard look at where we can improve. On the flip side, might be good to mention your concerns while at the accommodation to have a more positive experience for all.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at Inn the Gardens B & B on August 10, our wedding anniversary. Our stay there could not have been better. The room and bathroom (Sea Breeze) was small but very cozy and comfortable--also very quiet. The inn is located in a quiet section of Ocean City (The Gardens) with very little traffic or people noise at night. The owners, Jennifer and her husband, were wonderful hosts. Breakfast was delicious. We especially liked being able to get our complimentary beach tags and change into our bathing suits when we arrived prior to check-in time. Behind the house, there is an enclosed outside shower and changing room which we were allowed to use (also the beach tags) after our check-out time the next day. This really extended our stay to two full days. We will definitely return to Inn the Gardens on our next overnight visit to Ocean City.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple