“Nice place”
Review of Harris House Motel

Harris House Motel
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I and our 3 year old daughter stayed for two nights over the Father's Day weekend. This was my first time staying at this motel. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, the pool was great, and the location was excellent. The only thing bad I can say is that the bathroom was very small and the water pressure in the shower was not the greatest. Other then that the place was just wonderful and I plan to stay there every time I go to Ocean City.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lovetotravel4444

Reviewed 8 December 2009

We stayed here with our 2 year old twins the week before Labor Day and we were very surprised with our stay. We are very weary of staying at the motels at the Jersey Shore, not always known for cleaniness and the motels are dated (Jersey does not have big name hotels along it's coast, so don't think you will ever find the Hilton, don't hold your expectation too high). However, this motel is very clean; the room, the grounds, the pool. The room was spacious. The room included a refrigerator and microwave at no cost, which was very useful. The staff was very nice, from booking the room until check out. You couldn't ask for a better location. We will definately book again!

2  Thank TravlinBob4ever
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed here a few weeks ago and found the hotel to be perfectly located, clean and accommodating. The staff was friendly and allowed use of the facilities prior to check-in and after checkout.

The pool was perfect for my toddler and preschooler with a larger shallow end.

I was on the boardwalk side on the second floor and was surprised by having an ocean view from the balcony! Please note however there is NO ELEVATOR which wouldn't be a big deal for some but was a bit difficult for me, rearranging/lugging a double stroller and/or beach gear in and out of the hatch of my car while wielding two small ones every time needed. Twice, however, people staying in the rooms near my parking spot saw my struggles and offered to help - which speaks for the clientele. Next time I'd simply stay on the first floor!

All in all it was a great value compared to some nearby more expensive hotels along the boardwalk. The steps out of the facility were only a few steps to the bottom of the boardwalk ramp. We had a great stay!

1  Thank 2mama2
Reviewed 18 August 2009

This is definitely an old beach motel, not too many updates, but it was nice and close to the boardwalk. The pool is really nice, big, and heated. The motel is right off of the boardwalk on 12th street, conveniently next Mack n Manco. The rooms are small and outdated, but clean. The bathroom is tiny! Unfortunately no elevator so you have to carry your luggage up the stairs, but this is pretty common at the beach. The room was expensive, but to be expected for August. We also had loud neighbors who sounded like they were right inside our room very early in the morning, don't expect silence!

Reviewed 9 August 2009

This is our third year at the Harris House and in additional to a great location next to the boardwalk and with a heated pool, it now has wireless access. The rooms are always neat and clean, and everyone from the owner to the staff are pleasant and helpful. The rates are very reasonable, especially if you book their "mini-week" stays.
We found the Harris House by luck three years ago as we sought a place to stay while in Ocean City NJ, and are very glad we did. We would recommend it to anyone, especially those with small or teenage children.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Zen300
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Before you read this review of the Harris House I just want to take a moment to explain that the place is a JERSEY SHORE MOTEL. The Bellagio it ain't but motels at the Jersey Shore simply never are. That being said our July 2008 stay was wonderful. Although plain and dated the motel was absolutely clean, comfortable and conveniently located. It's literally steps from the boardwalk ramp and the beach bathrooms are right there (12th St.). Our room was exactly as pictured. A slight problem in the form of a large crack above the door was a little troubling at first but it didn’t really become an issue. The front desk, pool and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. The parking wasn't the best, we had a hard time finding a spot even though you are guaranteed one, but we eventually made our own which worked out to our advantage. The balcony had a set of chairs which were nice for people watching. They did make it a bit hard to get to your room sometimes though. It didn’t help that the guests of this Motel had no problem leaving all of their beach stuff, suits included, outside on their balcony chairs. The pool was warm and clean and there were plenty of chairs and towels. A minor complaint could be that it closes a bit early (6 PM) but it seems that that is the norm in the area. The two outdoor showers/ changing rooms were absolutely excellent and spotless throughout the day. They were actually enclosed bathroom suites… with a shower stall, sink, mirror, toilet and locking door. They were truly excellent. The complimentary beach tags were also excellent even though you had to sign away your life to get them. Overall the Harris House was well worth the money and we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank LESLIEKURZ
Reviewed 29 July 2007

I chose “The Harris House Motel”, because of the rating that **Trip Advisor** had given it and the location of the motel. I wanted a motel that was close to the boardwalk and the beach; with a heated outdoor pool as well as being comfortable and clean.
The Harris House Motel had all I wanted and needed.
The motel is behind the boardwalk and 100 feet from the beach. The motel also had a heated outdoor pool. The motel has been re-vamped with new curtains, furniture etc. The staff was kind, courteous and helpful. The housekeeping cleaned our room very well. We enjoyed coming back to the room after spending all day at the beach. The room was clean and comfortable.
I have not been at the shore for over 30 years and did not know where to go, so I used the **Trip Advisor.** and **Yahoo**. We were not disappointed. We will use The Harris House Motel again. We stayed for 3 nights; the prices were a little lower that 2 other places I researched; about $10.00 lower.
I had read a review on **Trip Advisor** about the bathrooms at The Harris House Motel being small, I am a big person and it was fine for me. The place is clean, comfortable and close to the beach, it is not a suite, just a very nice motel.
Eateries -
“Piccini Wood Fired Brick Oven”
Located a few blocks from the motel. Excellent Italian food. We went back another night, it was so good!
“The Chatterbox”
Located a few blocks from the motel. Excellent also. Good home cooking. We had the
Honey chicken and my daughter had a cheeseburger. Delicious!
“Uncle Bills”
Located a few blocks from the motel. Breakfast.
We had blueberry pancakes, apple pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes. Great food!! **It looked really crowded when we pulled up, people standing waiting, but we only had a 10 minute wait.**
We found our eateries thru **Yahoo** and also The Harris House had a ‘Menu, Please, magazine in our room and information in their lobby.
**Parking always an issue, but that is the way it is at the shore. We just rode around until we found a spot, learned how nice Ocean City, keeps their streets, no trash; flowers planted everywhere - very nice. Merchants put out their wares and we walked and shopped.
We had a wonderful time, good weather,sun, sand and good food. Great accommodations. !!
Thanks **Trip Advisor** for the information and the rating on this motel.

Denise
Lower Gwyedd, Pa.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank rubyotuby