“Wonderful! Exceeded my expectations.”
Review of Northwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Northwood Inn
Ranked #3 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Harrisburg, PA
“Wonderful! Exceeded my expectations.”
Reviewed 25 June 2007

I just returned from a weekend at the NORTHWOOD INN
Bed & Breakfast. What a wonderful place. I typically prefer B&B's because they offer more personal service and charm. This one was excellent! The daily breakfast was out of this world and the owners/staff were helpful and welcoming. Also, the facility was very clean and convenient. I would highly recommend it.

p.s. Livia & Ed ... thanks again for the great restaurant suggestion! Marj & John ... we had a wonderful time.

• Liked — The great homemade breakfasts.
  • Disliked — Very little; the 4 block walk to the beach.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 25 August 2006

The Northwood has been my home at the Beach for nine years. It is wonderful. I come from a big family, and we have vacationed in Ocean City for over 20 years. I watched this property being renovated and admired its results. So, when the family grew too big for the beach house, I decided to book a room for the week at the Northwood. That was 1999 and I've been back ever since. It is a wonderful way to stay in Ocean City. As a matter of fact, I often come throughout the year, dropping family members at the casinos in Atlantic City. It's only 20 minutes from the slots, but I like this atmosphere much better. The rooms are spotless, beautiful and comfortable. I just love sitting on the porch in the mornings, and coming home at night to the twinkling, welcoming lights. Marj and John are wonderful people, and they open their homes and hearts to visitors. I'd like to get down sometime for the New Year's Eve festivities, and I have already booked my room for two weeks in 2007. Stay at the Northwood ... with Marj and John ... you will love it.

• Liked — cleanliness, comfortable
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JeanPete
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2006

The Northwood Inn has been our favorite getaway for over 10 years! We love the charming decor, impeccably clean rooms and nice variety of amenities. Marj & John Loeper are wonderful innkeepers, and offer lots of great suggestions for restaurants and current activities in the Ocean City / Atlantic City areas - they'll even help you get reservations! The delicious breakfasts and Marj & John's warm hospitality will keep us coming back again and again!

1 Thank BAMoyer
Pennsburg,PA
Reviewed 18 August 2006

We have stayed at the Northwood Inn every year for about 10 years now. My husband & I take a quiet 3-4 day weekend & recharge our "romantic side" of life. The Inn is beautifu, quiet, private, clean & extremely accomodating. Marj & John are as friendly & helpful as ever. but also give you complete privacy!
They go out of their way to be available to answer questions about local eateries, attractions etc. They have a long history in the area & know it all! The rooms are just incredible, fresh smelling, clean & quiet. Any little extra you need is there, from DVDs,wine bucket,bicycles,local menus etc! The breakfasts are varied, clever & delicious! Breakfast tables are set for couples or a bigger table if you bring friends. We like to privacy of a table for 2, with the morning sun pouring in over the breakfast porch!
It's cozy, clean, modern, romantic, comfortable & well located! We have given gift certificates to friends from here several times & NO ONE has been disappointed! You should go or send someone you LOVE it's a TREAT!

1 Thank gpsjulie
Seattle
Reviewed 9 August 2005

This is a great b&b in Ocean City and Marj Loeper takes great care of her guests. She bought us a NY Times every day and made arrangements for us to take great subs on our trip home to Seattle! The Inn provides bikes, beach chairs and beach towels and has an outdoor shower, so it's very easy to have a great beach vacation withouth lugging the country store with you.

My only criticisms are that the rooms are small and the breakfasts are carb heavy although when I mentioned this to Marj at the end of our stay, she said she would have been happy to provide yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. had we asked.

I've stayed here twice, separated by 10 years, and it was exactly the same (with the addition of a hot tub) this July as it was on my last visit.

6 Thank crisispro
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 September 2004

This past summer my husband and I had at the good fortune of staying at the Northwood Inn in Ocean City, NJ. From the moment we were greeted by Marj, the innkeeper we knew we had come to the right place for a relaxing, enjoyable few days. The Northwood is a beautifully restored home with all the amenities and comforts one could ask for... central ac, impecably decorated guest rooms with private baths, rooftop spa, butler pantry for guests convenience, and delightful common areas to enjoy. We enjoyed delicious self serve, continental-plus breakfasts during the week and on the weekend we were served a fabulous, full breakfast. Both included assorted cereals, teas, coffees, melons, fruits, and freshly made baked goods. The Northwood cookbook is a great keepsake to try Marj's wonderful recipes once we were at home. It was great chatting with Marj and John and to see photos and hear stories of how John restored the Inn while learning interesting facts about the history of Ocean City.
An added bonus was making an appointment with Rebeca, the onsight massage therapist, truly a royal way to treat oneself and soothe away muscle aches and pains. We enjoyed great places to dine on and off the island thanks to Marj and John's helpful suggestions and making our reservations. Having beach bikes to use whenever we liked was another added treat.
Our visit to the Northwood was truly a memorable one, we look forward to returning to the lovely Northwood Inn this fall and to enjoying Marj and John's warm hospitality.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 September 2004

We were greated with such warmth that is was no wonder so many people had recommended this bed and breakfast. The innkeepers were friendly, funny and great to talk to about the area we were about to explore. Each morning the breakfast was fresh and delicious. We especially loved the lemon muffins!! When it came time to find a place for dinner we were able to go through numerous menus to find what felt right for that night. We look forward to making this a yearly adventure and will be sure to share the Northwood Inn with our friends and family.

• Stayed September 2004