“excellent bed and breakfast”
Review of Plymouth Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Plymouth Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My fiancée and I stayed at the Plymouth Inn. We had a great time. It was clean and well kept and the breakfast was wonderful. We were very comfortable and we were welcomed into the
owners kitchen like we were part of the family. This is our new favorite place and we will be returning soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to escape from our busy lives in the city. We stumbled upon this lovely B&B and immediately fell in love. We stayed for three nights and the hospitality was unbelievable. The waffles were to die for. The location right next to the boardwalk was perfect for nighttime strolls.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our family stayed at this B&B and everyone loved it. We were travelling with our grandmother, and we wanted a place which had large living room areas, because she is not a beach person. Well, this place is fantastic, and incredibly clean. The furniture in the living room was all brand new, and we especially loved the coffee table which was a built in chess, checkers, etc. Anna made a great breakfast. There was also plenty of it, more like a lunch. The housekeeper was meticulous, and often after we returned from the beach, we found her scrubbing the carpets. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite, and also a private bath.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank charles w
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife booked a four night stay here in the Queen Mum's Suite 1. After swiping our credit cards, we are taken to the room. What a dump!!! I have a closet at home bigger than this room. It was so small I had to walk in sideways with my bag. Old furniture, not antique furniture. The bathroom was awful. Small, wallpaper falling off the walls and this rusty metal shower stall that I would not set foot in. I can't believe the nerve of someone to rent out a disgraceful room like this and at the high price they were charging.

We complained and were upgraded to a better room but not by much. The bathroom had been renovated at some point but they never bothered to take the paperwork off the new windows. The furniture was once again old and beat up with chips and dents. It looked like it came from the Salvation Army. And the room had an old musty smell which after three days of having the windows open, never went away.

We wound up leaving one day early because all the rooms were booked for the final night except the original dump, I mean room.

The owner doesn't live there, so it is strictly a money making operation. I think that says a lot.

3  Thank richp1a
plymouthinn, Owner at Plymouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the facts reveal that you were not happy with the one bedroom which you booked. We upgraded you to a 850 square foot 2 bedroom suite, at no charge, and refunded your money when you wanted to depart early. We are the owners, and we sleep there 3 nights a week, and my sister sleeps there the other 4 nights a week. We are there on a daily basis, and my husband cooked you your breakfast. The other 114 reviews are all better than yours, most of them 5 stars. The windows were replaced in April 2014 in the master suite to the home which we gave you at no extra charge, and the fire inspector told us to leave the stickers on so that he could check the fire rating in the windows. Yes, there are some chips in our furniture. But those chips are evidence of the love and affection travelers have experienced at the Plymouth Inn. You may want to try a brand new hotel, but good luck in Ocean City. And for the $179 per night which you paid, there are none.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Nicely redone room, new bathroom and two separate sleep areas room 4/5. Plenty of space for 2 adults and a 6 year old. New matresses/linens etc and well cleaned. Complimentary breakfast was served in a large breakfast area with plenty of selection and a hot entrée. One block to the boardwalk and beach, park the car and you are set. The location can't be beat. No complaints here. Annie the innkeeper makes sure you are well taken care of!

Room Tip: Room 4/5 was great for a small family, totally redone
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hi,

We just went here for an early season Ocean City trip and it was excellent. Highly recommend Anna, the inn-keeper, who is an excellent cook and very pleasant! The inn is only one block to the beach which made the main destination very easy for us to get to.

The full hot breakfast in the morning definitely saves a lot of money and is very nice, and I think that the rooms were cozy and well decorated. The history of the place is really nice and the downstairs seems to be decorated with old-school 'boardwalk' furniture sort of like the disney world boardwalk hotel.

I'm definitely going back later this season. Can't beat the value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JHarris222
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We've stayed in countless B & B's in Ocean City, where I have been going since I was a child. (I'm now 60, so I've been around the block) The Plymouth has it all, and at the price we consider to be in the "happy" range for us!
From the moment you walk into the big, beautiful foyer to the great room off to the left, and the fabulous dining room, where you feel like royalty with the china and silver and crystal, you know you're a guest, yet a little like going home.
We highly recommend The Plymouth Inn. You will not be disappointed, I promise.

Room Tip: We can't really rate the pool or the fitness center, because we did not use them. The highest f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple