“Pool and beach-most convenient full service hotel on boardwalk”
Review of Beach Club Hotel

Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for 40 years and have never been disappointed. It's clean, well-managed, accessible, and has the best location. Whatever you want to do, it's right there. Restaurants, shopping, arcades, amusement parks are steps away on the boardwalk. The beautiful built-in pool is clean and refreshing. Steps across the boardwalk are entrances to the beautiful, sandy beach. The hotel provides 2 free beach passes for each day of your stay. Next door is a wonderful, friendly family-run bike and surrey shop. The Beach Club Cafe, privately-run but built into the hotel, offers delicious home-made meals and has outdoor boardwalk dining. Each room has a large mini-fridge that comes in handy. We always remark that the mattresses are so comfortable that we want to take them home. Best value and hotel in OC!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing pool/beach can be busy with people passing your room and not as qui...
2  Thank Debora T

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the Beach Club the first week of August. Just like last year, had a great time. Hotel is in a perfect location. Pool is nice. Rooms are clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ocean City, especially if you have kids. Great to just step out of hotel and be on the boardwalk and beach.

2  Thank phillyone70
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was our first stay at the Beach Club Hotel and we greatly enjoyed it! The location is perfect, with it being right on the boardwalk. We stayed on the second floor, with only a few steps to the pool and restaurant. The room was clean, updated, and spacious, with Bath and Body toiletries provided. We were able to fit a twin air mattress comfortably in our room. We stayed at another hotel off the boardwalk last year, and a beach house two years prior to that. We would definitely return to the Beach Club Hotel for its location, spacious room, cleanliness, and affordability.

1  Thank kdawnie
jaabarlow, Manager at Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We are so pleased that you choose the Beach Club Hotel this year. Being able to see the ocean from the pool area is certainly a treat and we are delighted you were able to enjoy it. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had my teenagers and 10 year old niece with me, and they all wanted to be on the beach by the boardwalk for the two short days we were there, and this hotel was a perfect location to make everyone happy without having to lug beach chairs and bags from blocks away. First impression from the drive up to the building is 'old and tired' but once inside, it's updated, welcoming and refreshing.Check-in was easy. Parking can be tight if you have anything bigger than a crossover SUV. Beach tags come with the room reservations for everyone that would require one, they just have to be returned at check-out or you'll pay $25 for each one missing. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I chose the city view because we were not planning on being in our room except to sleep, so can't speak for ocean view rooms. My view was the parking lot but no big deal. The pool is small but adequate. There are bathrooms with showers at the pool. Ocean City is a family town and this is a hotel full of families that make noise first thing in the morning. I noticed doors slamming and kids running down the halls by 8am. If you're not an early bird, this may disturb you, Just a heads up..don't go here for quiet romance. The kids are excited to get outside. COST-it's not cheap but it's in line with the rest of the waterfront locations on the boardwalk. The absolute best part of staying at this hotel is the location. You literally go out the door, walk across the boardwalk and you're on the beach. Doesn't get any more convenient than that, unless you rent a house on the sand but for staying just a few days, this is much less expensive.

2  Thank bailarina5678
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First time for our family of four staying right on the boardwalk, the convenience was so nice. We stayed 3 nights and felt spoiled by the pool/ocean view on 3rd floor. The room was very clean and updated with a pretty beach feel. It felt like a nice hotel, rather than the "motel feel" of some other places where you pay almost the same price. The in room mini fridge/freezer was appreciated. Our kids used the pool every day and it was nice being able to lay out facing the boardwalk. We had lunch at the attached restaurant and it was very good, especially
enjoyed sitting outside with the oceanview. The lobby and interior of the hotel was clean and well maintained. I think it will be hard to beat this place when it comes to location on the boardwalk, great pool, cleanliness & updated decor.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking pool and ocean has to be one of the best rooms, it was a splurge for us but...
4  Thank Dana S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been returned to this hotel since my son cut his first tooth there about 15 years ago and just love it. Its a little pricey but so worth the convenience of going up and back from the beach to the pool while the kids were little. The service is excellent, the rooms clean and comfy and we'll be returning in a few weeks!

Room Tip: We always ask for a second floor room so we don't have to do the steps/elevator after the beach...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank springsjean
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a recent vacation to Ocean City. The hotel staff is very pleasant. The checkin process was quick and easy. The room was spacious by the standards I am used to. The room was clean. The carpet is a little dated in the rooms. The electrical socket in the bathroom was crooked. The shower drained slowly. We literally were on the boardwalk within a minute of getting out of the room. The hotel restaurant was good- not wow. We did not get an ocean view room- although next time I will try to get one. If you have kids and want to see one of the frequent fireworks shows- pool view or ocean view rooms are a really good choice. Before I start listing my issues with the hotel- let me stress it is a good hotel and I will go back. There are just a few things to be aware of. The wifi system is spotty. It was up for about a half a day while I was there. The rest of the 3 days it was down- or it would come up for a few minutes and go back down again. You have to have your vehicle out of the really small parking lot by 11 on the day of check out. Even though- you are supposedly not allowed to check in before 2:30. More on that in a minute. There was no effort to suggest places to park after 11. You are allowed to use the pool and their facilities the day of check out- but what good does it do if you cant park your car there? I know it is not a chain- but- I think it is a bit unreasonable. My family wanted to spend some more time on the boardwalk- and even go in the ocean- but I did not want to spend time looking for a spot that may or may not be near the hotel. Oh well- we just left. When I was attempting to load my car- the elevator kept going to the third floor. I was on the second floor. I waited 10-15 minutes before someone finally came to my floor- and let me have the elevator. When I got back from loading my car- the elevator took me to the 3rd floor even though I pressed 2. When I realized I was going to be a few minutes after 11 getting the car loaded, I went to the front desk and explained that I was running about 15-30 minutes behind and my son had been sick. They said it should be ok. Really?????? I was surprised at the lack of sympathy. If the hotel responds- I don't want to hear any excuses. I only want to hear that it will be changed.

Overall- it was a great experience- except the last day. I will stay here again. Also- be aware they require a deposit up front.

Room Tip: Pool view or ocean view rooms are worth the extra!
4  Thank Joseph T