“Amazing Location next to Beach & Boardwalk”
Review of Ocean 7

Ocean 7
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
New York City, New York
“Amazing Location next to Beach & Boardwalk”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I cannot say enough great things about this place. The location is unbeatable - you are literally steps to the beach and boardwalk. The staff is super friendly and go out of their way to help you out. They give you a discount if you pay in cash. They drove my boyfriend and I to the bus station as we came from NYC and did not have a car. They let you use their beach tags the day you check in AND the day you check out. They also let you use their pool and the bathroom in their lobby before check-in and after check-out so you basically get two extra beach or pool days if you want. On our last day, we decided we weren't ready to leave yet and asked if our room was available for one more day. It was and we ended up staying. They made the process so easy.

The rooms are simple with nice décor and very clean - we stayed in Room 323 (parking lot side, we weren't in the room enough to care about a view). Although we didn't use the kitchen at all, they supplied dishes, glasses and silverware to cook in addition to a mini-stove, fridge, sink and microwave. We don't have any children but they seem extremely kid friendly, for example: fish tank and caterpillar / butterfly garden in lobby, dvds, books and board games for free rental in the lobby, they give your kid a prize from the treasure chest on your last night there, etc. I would highly recommend this place to any of my friends and family. And they give you a cute mug with your name on it during checkout. The owner goes out of his way for many nice personal touches that make this place more than a typical motel.

Bottom line: If you have expectations of a glamorous five star hotel then you shouldn't go here. If you want to be next to the beach / boardwalk (with a clean room and friendly staff) and don't want to pay outrageous prices, you cannot beat this place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KAS452014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Holmdel, nj
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was our first stay at Ocean 7 and we will definitely return. We've stayed at several other OC motels and this was, by far, our favorite. Awesome location, clean and comfortable room (upper level, ocean view) and wonderfully, helpful staff. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank heymin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was our second stay in two summers. Last year - the pool was closed which was ok. This year it was open but sadly it was soooo cloudy that none of us would let our kids go in it. We opted for the waterpark next door instead. When asked about the hours for the pool, the front desk person said "its open until 8 unless I have to add chemicals to it - then it closes at 6pm" and he was really grumpy about it. One tip for parking (and I totally understand that the spots are tight given how dense the area is around this part of Ocean City) is that if you have a larger vehicle that is difficult to park - ask for rooms on the third or fourth floor - their spots (as they are assigned) are the easiest to get into - alot of the spots have poles for the hotel that take up part of the spot making it difficult. The staff is very accommodating to try and move you into a room that has a spot that works for you but it is limited. The service is hit or miss. Some of the front desk staff are lovely (even when you haven't been due to trying to park and getting frustrated) and others are not so great.... grumpy even. The suite itself was ok - had a pull out couch and two double beds in another room and a nice little kitchen. Its not luxury but its not meant to be..... its a family shore point and its just the basics to get through your stay. I would probably stay here again - except for the grumpy front desk person that we encountered (but again there were nicer folks on as well) and the water quality of the pool. We may stay here again next year but will also shop around for other spots as well. Location is very good - and that might be the deciding factor.,... water park and Wonderland as well as beach within steps.....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is our 12th trip in 12 years (8/16/14-8/22/14). Up until this trip I would have sang the praises of this property to everyone. But this trip was completely different. When we first checked in to room 202 (two room decorate suite, upgrade in price), we noticed the furniture was worn and very dirty.There was a huge stain on the carpet as you entered the room (2 feet by 2 feet), the hot water did not work in the kitchen, there was hair in the tub. And when we opened up the sleeper sofa, there was child underpants still in the sheets! Yuk!. The dishes in the cabinet were all dirty. (we went out and bought all plastic ware to use) When we went to tell the front desk, they were extremely nasty and advised my 73 year old mother to take the water from the tub to the kitchen sink to do dishes! Really! The pool was too hot and very cloudy the whole week. It is ashame we spent our last day looking for somewhere else to stay next year. If the property manager had corrected the issues right away I might have felt different but it took two days and many trips to the front desk to get clean linens and the hot water in the kitchen. Not even an apologize.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ocean_7_ocnj, Manager at Ocean 7, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Yes, our pool is warm, based on feedback that we seek daily, this is the temperature people are happy with. I'll agree It has been cloudy in the last week. it's still sanitary so far as chlorine levels but being so popular sometimes the balance does get away from us.

It was NEVER my suggestion that the tub be used as a source of hot water, but the bathroom sink, located 37 inches behind the kitchen sink, and easily reached merely by turning around,.

I do apologize for the one day that it took for a plumbing capable employee be on scene.. the issue was reported to us and fixed approximately 26 hours later..
I'll agree to a stain on the carpet being extant, it is difficult or impossible to replace them in season,

As for having never given an apology,
an amazing difference of opinion would seem to be the case..

I would ask you remember that even at departure when I made the same inquiry I do of every guest, "any issues needing to be known by housekeeping or maintenance", you reminded me quite clearly of the hot water lack, without mentioning the other items here, and I again, feel I did in fact apologize at the point of departure to your scoff..

As to the other issues you raise, finding underpants in the bed and the dishes not to your satisfaction, the sour grapes and a hair in the tub?
I do not believe I was ever made aware of these items until reading about them here today..
if it helps, I'll repeat, I am sorry you were so dissatisfied.

it is never my intention for anyone to have an unpleasant stay, and for the large part, the team here manages to succeed in making that a reality...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Visited my sister who was staying at Ocean 7 and was so impressed that I'm planning a vacation for next year. The hotel has daily room service, clean rooms, very friendly staff, from Mark at the front desk to all of the staff, Duane especially. The pool is clean, although a little warm, and in a great location. They seem to have redone most of the rooms and are still in the process. Even if the rooms aren't fancy, they are well-appointed, even having a toddler toilet seat over the regular one that lifts up. Great place to stay as close to the boardwalk as you can get, without being noisy. Loved it!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Carmel
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just got back from a 3 night getaway with my family- he location of this motel is awesome! Steps away from everything...the beach, boardwalk, amusement sides, and the water park. These are big perks for families.

The staff is friendly, helpful, and make the stay very enjoyable. The down side of this place is the outdated rooms and the beds are uncomfortable. The bathroom is really small, and for the price, I would think they could upgrade the room bit.

The location can't be beat, though!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Cassp1
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was my second stay at this location and it was great. We stayed in the decorator suite on the second floor. The room was extremely clean, the staff is always extremely friendly and the motel is steps away from the boardwalk. We did not even have to use our car for the entire time we were there! Will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family