First let me start by saying I don't usually write reviews, but I do read them, so I figured I owed something back. I found a fantastic rate for three nights over Labor Day weekend on the website, and phoned and made reservations about two weeks in advance. It was my husband, myself, my12 year old and an 8 year old son. The hotel was about what I expected after reading the reviews, the room was clean and ready when we checked in (about two hours early) They placed us right next to friends we were traveling with . Great location to boards and beach. We used the outdoor shower and pool area once. If I had to choose negatives, they were a bit stingy with the towels, and they were stained and small and the pillows and mattresses weren't very comfortable, but when I phoned and asked for two more pillows they were brought up within five minutes. Something weird about the carpet though, doesn't look very old, but previous guests had complained that they're feet and socks were filthy after walking on it for five minutes and I'd have to agree. Kind of grossed me out. The shower and room itself was very small, especially for a family of four, however to sleep and shower for a few days it suited us well. Doubt I would stay here longer than a few days, just too small and no microwave, although one night we had leftovers that needed to be heated up and the front desk staff was happy to oblige and heated them up for us which was great! We had the fountainview which was much more quiet than the pool view, and even though we had to hike up three small flights of stairs to our room, there was a cute rooftop area complete with chairs and an umbrella and table. It was right next to our room, and the family traveling with us and many nights we ate out there and hung out together, made the small rooms more bearable. All and all, it was a place to shower and sleep, we enjoyed OC and for the price, we would consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Ocean City - on the beachblock of 8th Street. Heated Pool, Restaurant, free internet and free parking. 26 foot rooms with 2 queen beds or a king and a double bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Pavilion Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavilion Motor Hotel Ocean City
- Pavilion Hotel Ocean City
- Pavilion Motel Ocean City