“What I expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Barto, Pennsylvania
“What I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

First let me start by saying I don't usually write reviews, but I do read them, so I figured I owed something back. I found a fantastic rate for three nights over Labor Day weekend on the website, and phoned and made reservations about two weeks in advance. It was my husband, myself, my12 year old and an 8 year old son. The hotel was about what I expected after reading the reviews, the room was clean and ready when we checked in (about two hours early) They placed us right next to friends we were traveling with . Great location to boards and beach. We used the outdoor shower and pool area once. If I had to choose negatives, they were a bit stingy with the towels, and they were stained and small and the pillows and mattresses weren't very comfortable, but when I phoned and asked for two more pillows they were brought up within five minutes. Something weird about the carpet though, doesn't look very old, but previous guests had complained that they're feet and socks were filthy after walking on it for five minutes and I'd have to agree. Kind of grossed me out. The shower and room itself was very small, especially for a family of four, however to sleep and shower for a few days it suited us well. Doubt I would stay here longer than a few days, just too small and no microwave, although one night we had leftovers that needed to be heated up and the front desk staff was happy to oblige and heated them up for us which was great! We had the fountainview which was much more quiet than the pool view, and even though we had to hike up three small flights of stairs to our room, there was a cute rooftop area complete with chairs and an umbrella and table. It was right next to our room, and the family traveling with us and many nights we ate out there and hung out together, made the small rooms more bearable. All and all, it was a place to shower and sleep, we enjoyed OC and for the price, we would consider staying here again.

1 Thank Cher C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

My husband, our 2 year old and I stayed here for 2 nights during the second week of August. We met up with folks who were already staying here. Our room was clean and the service was pleasant. The next time we would probably rent a house or condo. The rooms were dated but the location was great. I loved that we could rent bikes and surreys right across the street. Added bonus that there is a great breakfast spot next to the bike/surrey rental! We were steps from the beach and boardwalk and that is a great thing when you have a young child in tow.

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Overall, a great value for the cost and the location, especially if travelling with children. A restaurant attached to the main motel building, the food was decent. Room and bed was comfortable, but you had to turn sideways to get past second bed to get to the bathroom, sink or fridge. Pool is not heated as many of the others in the area are, and you don't realize how much of a difference that can make until you have a cloudy day. Overall, the place was nice and in prime location....the biggest concern....it appears the carpet at least in this room had not been cleaned since it as put down. After walking around the room for about ten minutes....no exaggeration, the bottoms of you feet were filthy. Socks were destroyed. We never had enough towels, either. There were four of us for three days, and we would only receive two wash cloths and three towels. When the front desk was called and more towels requested, the wait was less that 5 minutes though. Overall, reasonable price but a couple of issues.

1 Thank SoPhillytraveler
Clifton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The hotel is in a great location....The rooms are dated & bathrooms need upgrades...It did have a flat screen tv & many channels to choose from....The little fridge was very cold & useful...The carpet seem to have been updated...The beds need new mattresses....I mean the room served its purpose, but by no means was it a 5 star hotel....@ most maybe 2 1/2 stars...Ocean City is a beautiful shore town & my family & I loved it...If you come here for the hotel, then don't bother...Its a good place to sleep & shower & it was quiet...nobody bothered you...Again OC is a family shore town & its a lot of fun. Definitely will be back here....

1 Thank CGMLB
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The hotel is in a great location but the rooms are very old especially the bedspreads. They must have been at least 15 yrs old. I also didn't think it was that clean considering there was an open bag of Doritos under the bureau with some crumbs under there too. We had to pick them up. A half size fridge in the room but no microwave. I think I would try to find somewhere else to stay next time.

1 Thank Linda K
Seamenow, General Manager at Pavilion Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. As a small independantly run hotel, we must keep costs in mind, especially the expenses brought by Superstorm Sandy . As a cost savings measure, the Welcome Book in each room mentions the availabliy of amenities upon request. Shampoo, razors, shower caps, toothbrushes, hair dryers, irons etc are all available at the front desk. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us!
Ne, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel is decent. It's very clean, and the location is great. However, make sure you bring all of your own toiletries, including shampoo and a hair dryer. Not even a microwave in our room. Overall, however, the place was really clean, quiet, and in close proximity to the best part of the boardwalk.

3 Thank AmyeArcher
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

It's not really fancy but it is clean and a great value. The location is great and I like how the rooms have a mini fridge. The pool area is small but nice and the staff is always accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013