“Best place in town”

Pavilion Motor Lodge
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have been staying here for 10 years and every year it gets better. I am impressed with the friendliness of the staff. The ladies in the front office go out of their way to help me but I notice that they are always kind to everyone. The rooms are always clean. I love the beds! I rest so peacefully here! The rooms is quite spacious in the main area facing the pool. My favorite place to stay is second or third floor since they have an elevator. You can actually see the boardwalk from some of the end rooms over the pool. There is a nice table and chairs and a refrig so I keep my snacks in there. I take advantage of all the specials.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is my favorite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beach71

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The location, and the ability to book a room on short notice, were both convenient. The room was much smaller than anticipated. Two beds, a night stand, a dresser, a chair placed underneath the free standing closet, a sink, all in the main room and a small bathroom that was just a toilet and bathtub. Nowhere to eat, no small table or chairs. The beds were as hard as rocks, very uncomfortable. The room was clean. We were offered to pay $10 on the day we were checking out to be able to extend our parking space until 6 pm, use their showers, bathroom and changing area. When we returned to the office with our car tag the woman wrote we were extended until 5 pm. Wifi service in the room was spotty, better reception in the bathroom than in the main room. The front desk is open late which was very convenient when we were checking in at night. This place is adequate for a brief stay but they didn't knock my socks off.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TaleofGenji
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family recently spent a few nights here. We chose it because we wanted a hotel with a pool that is close to the beach and Boardwalk attractions. For those reasons alone, the hotel was certainly adequate. However, the room was mediocre at best. It was small, and comes with no amenities, except for soap (bring your own shampoo). The beds were poorly made - there is no fitted sheet, but rather a flat sheet that doesn't even reach the end of the bed. My kids woke up on bare mattress. It was gross. Also, we found two personal items in the room that must belong to whoever stayed there before us. Hard to believe that these weren't found by the housekeeping staff. The ice machine is coin-operated; something I've never seen before.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank MKH527
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The location was amazing!! Very close to the beach. Staff was rude, not helpful about the parking situation. Bathtub didn't work nor did the tv remote , only basic amenities .. Overall decently clean and convenient. Beds were decent, sheets sucked. If you're not in the room much it's a very convenient hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sprinkle101901
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Last year when I stayed here, I gave the place a not very good review. When we were planning on going to OC again, we decided to give it a second chance. They may have still be recovering from Sandy, so why not? Glad we did since it is very close to the beach and all. Definitely cleaner, it looks like they did a lot of work on it. it is a motor lodge so you won't get all the amenities. We being our own coffee pot for instance. Bottom line is we don't spend all our time in the room, so clean, comfy bed is good for us. It's also nice having a fridge for snacks. There is also a very good restaurant open for breakfast. You could get coffee there.

Room Tip: If you like having coffee in your room like we do, bring your own coffee maker.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eileen N
Reviewed 8 June 2014

close to the beach, great working air conditioner, FYI there is no hairdryer, iron or coffee pot... It was a nice place to stay with a quick walk to the beach. affordable.. clean pool... quiet in the evening..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have been going to the Pavilion for 15 years and this year will be my 16th. Rooms are a good size for families of four, the pool service is excellent, parking is a little frustrating so plan ahead, and maid service is great. I've read other reviews and I must say this hotel is reliable, affordable, and CLEAN! It takes you right to the boardwalk and the beach. After the recent hurricane, they've remodeled. I assure you, this hotel is your best experience.

Room Tip: Choose third floor rooms with the view of the pool. These are the BEST and quietest rooms. Benches a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family