“Excellent place”
Review of Shawmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocean Grove
Shawmont Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ocean Grove
Reviewed 23 October 2011

What a lovely place to visit. Good value off season. Very clean. Friendly, helpful staff. Our only problem was that we were told our room was on the second floor and it ended up being on the third (no elevator). That was probably our fault - they explained that the first floor is really the ground floor, not the first. They did offer to carry our bags which was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank LoriCrisster

Reviewed 1 September 2011

What a nice place to stay. It's right on the ocean. We got an Oceanfront room with a porch overlooking the beach. The people at the front desk were so nice and helpful. The room was a bit small with only a double bed, but in fairness the Hotel is 140 years old and the rooms due tend to run small. The town of Ocean Grove is only one square mile and is very family friendly. It is a dry town, due to the fact that it was founded by a Methodist group, who still meet there during the summer. They serve a nice continental breakfast for the guests. Just enough food for most people. The restaurants were fine, some were better than others. All in all, I really liked the place and the town. It is truly a hidden gem.

Room Tip: Not really recommended for wheelchair folks.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jrock56eb
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend and had such a great time. The Shawmont staff were all so very helpful once we arrived. You couldn't ask for a nicer group of people. Our room was clean, and the a/c refrigerated our room. LOL. Breakfast was light, (bagels, yogurt, juice, danish, fruits, and juice) The coffee and tea were always available. Nights spent on the outdoor porch were a taste of Heaven, not to mention attending Big Splash which was fantastic! I would certainly stay there again. My only reservation about writing this review is that it would tell others about such a hidden gem and there would be no rooms left if we wanted to book again. LOL.

Room Tip: Request a room on the lower floor if you have difficulty navigating stairs....they are pretty steep.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NewYorkJusRelaxin
Reviewed 1 August 2011

my fiance and i stayed there during asburys sand blast.... the walk ro the asbury parties is short and pleasant and the hotel is right across the street from the beach... the people who work there are very sweet and treat you like family the rooms are quant and very clean. even the housekeeping ladies are charming... we loved our stay and we loved just sitting out on the poirch at night. there is no gym and the breakfast is just ok.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karlaandlisa
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Every year, I need some time to chill and regroup, and be free of life's day-to-day stresses. The Shawmont fits the bill for me, and this year was no exception. It's a clean, bright, well-maintained inn, across the street from the beach. In addition to a nice breakfast, they serve the best coffee on earth...TM Ward, NJ's finest..and it's available all day long!! Thanks to Joanna, Diane, Sue, and Imperia for all their hard work in making the Shawmont a real gem!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My family blocked off several rooms here for my cousins wedding. It was a very nice quaint hotel. Our room was a single room and rather small but I honestly have no major complaints with my stay here. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. My cousin did have a bigger room with a double bed and a balcony and her room was much more pleasant then ours. Overall great stay. Wonderful location right across the street from the beach!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mima9151
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Just got back from a two night stay at The Shawmont..my wife and I had a great time.
The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff friendly and helpful. The location couldn't have been better which all added up to a five star recomendation!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Lillagaard Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Shawmont Hotel? Share your experiences!