Great hotel, excellent and friendly service. Slightly outdated look, and a rackety old AC unit in my room, but otherwise a very comfortable stay indeed. I stayed three nights for a conference in Asbury Park, so the location was very convenient. Ocean Grove is a very quaint little town, with pastel coloured clapperboard houses and late night ice cream parlours, and a long beach front which was remarkably un-damaged by Hurricane Sandy. Asbury Park, just across the water, is a more lively place especially on weekend evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located one block from the ocean, this grand century-old hotel was completely restored in 1994 and provides the perfect setting for vacations, relaxing getaways, business travel, family or group get-togethers and weddings. The Plaza is located on historic Ocean Pathway, just a short walk from downtown Ocean Grove with its many unique shops, restaurants and cafes, and walking distance to Asbury Park with its numerous restaurants, art galleries, antique shops and boardwalk. Its numerous balconies and wrap around porches provide magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean, the famed Great Auditorium and the town's extraordinary Victorian architecture. Their attention to detail with a personal touch makes The Ocean Plaza feel like your own private beach house any time of the year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Ocean Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ocean Plaza Hotel Ocean Grove
- The Ocean Plaza Ocean Grove, New Jersey