“Great little place for a treat”
Review of Day's Ice Cream

Day's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Ocean Grove
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Secaucus NJ
“Great little place for a treat”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The ice cream is great - many flavors - a cute little outside seating area - perfect place for an apres beach snack!

Visited July 2014

south river,nj
“Amazing Ice Cream”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been to Day's at least a dozen times this summer already and am looking forward to my next visit. Their ice cream is rich and creamy with major chunks of whatever the ingrediants are. My Favorite is the Smores. Grahm cracker flavored ice cream with marshmello swirls and hugh amounts of chocolate chunks. There isn't any more else I can say except that they rule!!!!

• Visited July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Ice cream”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There are two great places to have ice cream in Ocean Grove: Day's and Nagles. We loved Day's ice cream and would highly recommend it. Ice cream isn't cheap but nothing really is in Ocean Grove.

Visited August 2013
Columbus, New Jersey
“Out of this world ice cream, okay service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I've been to Day's twice in the last month. Their ice cream is outstanding. On my first visit I had the Milky Way ice cream and was floored by how much the flavor tasted like a Milky Way bar without having chunks of actual Milky Way in it. On my most recent visit, my husband had the strawberry shortcake sundae....wow!...and I had the salted caramel pretzel which was incredible. The staff isn't overly friendly, but they have a long line of people to get to so it is understandable.

• Visited July 2014
Washington, D.C.
“The place to go for ice cream and to spend a hot summer night”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Days Ice Cream is an institution in Ocean Grove. There's a line to get in as the shop itself is tiny. So you wait outside in the heat until you can finally make it into the air conditioned shop! But the line moves fast and the service is quick. I think what slows down the process is that people have a hard time deciding what they want to get! They have ice cream sorbet, Italian ices, and something called an Italian ice tea (I think that's what it's called) which I need to try the next time I'm there. It's made with ice tea, italian ice, sorbet and soft serve ice cream. They also have sugar free options. There are plenty of tables but they're outside, which is covered, and there are fans, but no air conditioning as it's a patio area. We happened to be there on a night when there were people performing Beatles songs. We ordered scoops in a cup and ordered the small size, but the small is a pretty generous portion. There's a smaller size (I forget what they call it) which is what we'll order the next time. It's a family owned place that has been there a long time. Be forewarned that they only accept cash. They're closed in the winter and are packed in the summer. It's the place to go in the summer, especially in evening as there are no bars in Ocean Grove.

Visited July 2014