“NJ Shore Diamond!”
Review of The Melrose

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Grove
The Melrose
Ranked #4 of 19 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
“NJ Shore Diamond!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We just returned from a 2 night 3 day weekend at the Melrose. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay any longer. We were first greeted by Randy. He makes you feel like family when you arrive and we quickly got the low down on our room and the town of OG/Asbury. He told us about some nice restaurants in town and they were big hits.....especially the Italian in Asbury and the deli/ice cream shop in OG. You can walk to both. Our room was very clean and already cold from the AC( it was hot and humid that weekend 90+) so the cold air was a nice treat. The beach is only 2 blocks away and we easily walked there w/ our stuff and came back to our room for lunch. Our room had its own fridge so we were able to store beer, lunches, water, etc. After dinner we walked to the Stone Pony and saw some great bands......its a 10 minute walk from The Melrose. Fresh breakfast every morning with coffee and juice, clean towels daily for beach and room, and overall very clean, tidy and quiet. We will definitely be back. Oh yeah, the cookies are better then my moms( sorry mom).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I just returned from 4 days/3 nights at The Melrose in Ocean Grove. It was my first visit there and what a great experience. Location is perfect - a block from the beach, a few blocks from the restaurants in Asbury Park and a few blocks to Day's Ice cream. I stayed in the "Chinese Room" perfect for one person - though the room is small, the shower was great as well as the bed and the a/c kept me nice and cool during the hottest time of the summer. Randi is delightful and made me feel like a welcomed member of his family. Breakfasts were great - always juice, fruit and pancakes, omelets,or french toast. The homemade cookies at the end of the day was a nice touch not to mention delicious. Having a fridge in the room was great. Recommend this place to all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Dan and Randy made us feel at home the moment we arrived. The entire B&B is furnished with beautiful, whimsical antiques. Our room was cozy and romantic and we immediately felt ourselves relax. In addition to being a short walk to both Ocean Grove and Asbury Park beach/boardwalk, The Melrose is walking distance from the Asbury Park train station (just 2 hours from NYC Penn Station!), and also walking distance to downtown Asbury for great dinner/drinks/gelato. The cookies each night, fresh beach towels and discount beach passes were all special perks. Dan and Randy know everything about the town and are super helpful. We had a perfectly marvelous 4-day weekend and will definitely return!

Hellertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had our first visit to "The Melrose" in Ocean Grove this past weekend. We found the accommodations and service to be very good. The location is very quiet and in walking distance to......everything. The proprietors are enthusiastically charming, adding their own personal spins to the business community, and in turn, making their establishment what all B&B's should be.

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My friends and I have stayed at the Melrose for at least 6 years (maybe more -- lost count). We stay over the Choir Festival Weekend. Randy has made my stay a welcoming one from the time I check in to the time I leave. it has been a delightful visit. The room were we stay is delightful and comfortable including the three windows facing the street -- not large but just right. The breakfasts are good and the surprise cookies after we come home in the evening are a real treat. Both Randy and Dan are always very helpful in anything we need. We also enjoy the porches on the second floor (where our room is). Great place to be able to just sit, read, and relax. The Melrose is centrally located and we are planning on returning again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband & I stumbled upon THE MELROSE & stayed for vacation. Randy & Dan are 2 of the nicest people we havwe ever met, They make you feel comfortable right away. We wanted to ewnew our marraige vows on the beach. Randy said "Sure I'm the mayor. Randy said some beautiful vows while Dan took pics,,It was a dream come true! THE MELROSE is a great place to stay, clean ,very private, discount beach passes,,great breakfast,cookies at night,and a bar b que for guests in July!!!They don't rush you out iif you want to stay longer.With a reasonable price, great location I love it there and have had repeat visits.Randy and Dan go the extra mile to make sure your stay is a great one!!.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I've stayed at The Melrose for over 5 years and I can say it's almost perfect. The rooms though small are comfortable and clean. Randy and Dan are warm and inviting but not stifling like some B&B owners.For me most B&Bs make you feel like you're a guest in someone else's house but at the Melrose there is a casual comfort with plenty of privacy and freedom to come and go. Perhaps the best thing about the Melrose is it's location. It's an easy walk from the Asbury Park train station and is equally convenient to Ocean Grove and Asbury Park. I've tried 3 other places in Asbury Park which is where I spend most of my time but The Melrose is the the best for location and the best value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
The Ocean Plaza
#3 of 19 in Ocean Grove
The Carriage House Bed & Breakfast
Lillagaard Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Melrose? Share your experiences!