“Outstanding Selection”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Outstanding Selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Susan, the owner, is very generous with her knowledge and time. She has an amazing talent for describing cheeses in an approachable and accurate manner. I'm happy with all my purchases!!

Visited February 2014

Staten Island, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The value is the experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

A typical small town, Main Street, tourist walking shop in Ocean Grove, NJ. I am sure there are 100 specialty cheese stores between Staten Island and Ocean Grove but every time I know I am going to go to Cheese on Main I get like a kid in a.......... cheese shop? I guess. I look forward to the delightful conversation with the owner who seems to know so much about the cheese she sells and the cheese market itself. For those of you who can take it, she can have a sarcastic sense of humor which I love. If that's not your thing she is still a wealth of charm and knowledge. She carries any kind of cheese you may want and she can pick one out for you if you tell her the kind of taste you are looking for. The prices do not appear to be more expensive than any other specialty store. You are encouraged to try something new and the owner is always ready to allow you to try a sample. The store carries other items you would expect. (oils, crackers, jams etc). I know how tough it is for small town small businesses to make it and I wish her all the luck. I have been going there for a few years now and always look forward to the experience.

Visited August 2013