“Perfect location!”

Bellevue Stratford Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The B&B is a great value. Just steps from the beach, shops and restaurants, perfect spot. The owner is very accommodating and super nice. The front porch is lovely as are the balconies. We had a wonderful large room, with wonderful views of the ocean and beach and it was just what we needed for an overnight stay. I didn't do a thorough inspection as I have a bit of OCD and not much would pass my tests anyway. Parking is easy also. This a a gem of a place on my opinion. We will certainly be returning as soon as we can. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Abby E

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We searched high and low for a place that had two rooms just a few days before the 4th of July, and it seemed like the Bellevue Stratford Inn was the only place left that was reasonable. So we took the plunge and booked. We were pleasantly surprised. We were very comfortable. The common areas were pleasant and inviting. The room was nice - it was outdated, but it was clean and comfortable. The best part about the place was that you were a half a block from the beach and the cutest town you can imagine. It's quiet, if you want to drink you'll have to walk to Bradley Beach or Asbury Park, ten minute walk max, or bring some drinks with you. There are phenomenal porches on each floor with tables, perfect for playing games.

Room Tip: It seems like the 3rd floor has the most recently renovated rooms. Remember, though, that you have t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for. Last minute weekend getaway from NYC.

Gus, the owner is an affable guy who also lives part time in the city.

The place is what people call charming old. But it is clean (room fan made ac delightfully unnecessary) which is what counts to us. The walls are super thin but hey, it is an old house.

Super close to beach and restaurants, shops on main st.

Can't speak to shared bathroom because the idea of that is disgusting to me.

Great for last min beach trip that doesn't cost $500 for lodging.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Mrs. and I are city folks that moved to the mountains of West Virginia years ago! seriously though, if you want to experience what our parents and perhaps our grandparents experienced at the Jersey shore- I invite you to Ocean Grove and The Bellevue Stratford!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank thegoochman
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is my first visit to the Bellevue Stratford. I had a wonderful and inviting time. Gus is a great host. The air conditioned rooms are very comfortable. The Inn is yards from the beach and within walking distance to fine eateries, shops and summer events. I definitely will be back and highly
recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

We came here three years ago for the first time and fell in love with the town, the inn and Gus, the owner. Just a great place and would never consider any others in the area. The conversations with Gus on the porch after a long day at the beach are probably the highlights of our stay. We feel like we are at home here. :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Having come up from Florida for a wedding in New Jersey, my wife and I had the pleasure to once again stay at the Bellevue Stratford B&B in Ocean Grove. I spent many summers in Ocean Grove in one of the tents, around the Great Auditorium,40 years ago. I always have fond memories of Ocean Grove, swimming at the beach back when the North End hotel was there. Memories are still prevalent of the Swan and Paddleboat ride, the Mayfair Theatre, and many nights walking the boardwalk with the amusements of Asbury Park. The Bellevue Stratford Inn, with Gus and his wife, the inn keepers, made our stay even more memorable. The inn was occupied by many college Marimba players. So, the melodic sounds of the marimbas serenaded us, during our stay. The inn is old, but the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. Everyone was friendly. I am so glad there was no major damage from Sandy to the inn. The boardwalk in Ocean Grove may be gone but Days Ice Cream was open and as delightful as I remember. The tranquility and peace of Ocean Grove survives and we will be back to "the Grove" and the Bellevue Stratford Inn, hopefully in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lillagaard Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Ocean Plaza Hotel
The Ocean Plaza Hotel
#3 of 19 in Ocean Grove

Been to Bellevue Stratford Inn? Share your experiences!