Albatross Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean Vista Hotel(Ocean Grove)
  • Beachfront
Shawmont Hotel(Ocean Grove)
Empress Hotel(Asbury Park)
  • Breakfast included
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)
  • Bar/Lounge
Oceanic Inn(Asbury Park)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Tides(Asbury Park)
Crystal Inn(Neptune)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat auditoriumold world charmfresh bagelsfront porchview of the oceandennisbeachweekendbathpropertiesconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Most B&B are very old some things can not be helped so you have to realize what you are dealing with, yes it may take a few minutes for the water to get warm and reach the 3rd floor...aside from all new plumbing it goes with the territory. The owner was nice...perhaps he has read most of these reviews and changed his tune. It's definitely a "no frills" kind of place. You make your own bed and ask for new towels. Breakfast is basic...cereal, rolls , muffins coffee OJ. No fancy quiches here...but you get what you pay for …it’s low price in comparison or other B & B’s… it’s clean and a nice enough place to stay. The beds were very comfortable and that’s what counted. No TVs in the room which only 50% of B&B’s usually do.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 34 which was a queen with a private bathroom. I suggest getting a private bathroom because you can not control other guests.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

It's definitely not worth the money . The whole time we were there I felt like I was back at my parents house. Prior to checking in you would think the air conditioning would have been turned on in the room , well guess what no !!!! It was a sauna . There was no cold water in the shower at all which in the middle of summer during a heat wave is kind of expected. We had a friend come visit and the owner accused her of staying over which she wasnt . Made it so unbelievably uncomfortable she called it an early night and left after having just arrive . I found it extremely weird that the owner slept on the sofa the whole night . Again as if I was suppose to tip toe around which definitely was not the case. Over all for the money they charge its definitely not worth it ....

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mastergil
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My road trip of 2.5 hrs was a breeze. Arrived around noon, my room was ready although I wasn't expected until 3 p.m. I was greeted with a place to park out front, a view of the ocean, and a large porch to which I was drawn. My luggage was taken to my room and checked-in. Bill, the owner, was pleasant and efficient. The Victorian décor inviting. Breakfast was healthy and fresh. What I enjoyed most was finding the community folks very friendly and sincere. There was much to see and many things to go within walking distance. The slow, quiet days on the porch or beach and the breezy winds both day and night were soothing. I met new friends I hope to keep in touch with. Overall, my stay was very restful--more then I expected. Thank you all at the Albatross Hotel, I'm sure to see you again soon.
--Sherry (from Maryland)

Room Tip: There are many types of room sizes for your choosing. I suggest getting a room not too far from a balcony or porch--just my preference.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherry K
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Okay, a few things:
1) To start off with, the owner man had a bit of an attitude.
2) Without telling me when I booked the room for 2 nights, the bathroom on the second floor was broken so, I had to go up the stairs to the third floor (after a leg injury).
3) The 3rd floor shared shower had no ventilation and was boiling hot in early August so, that you felt sweaty coming out of the shower while drying off.
3B) Also, someone's left over shampoo and washcloth was in the shared shower for 2 days in a row.
4) There also was undisclosed construction that: A) woke me up B) kept me up during a nap.
5) There was an issue with breakfast I forget what exactly,
Etc. etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NjDah
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I just spent some time at the Albatross and felt I had to right a review. It was a warm and friendly place where the owner went out of his way to make sure all our needs were met. The second floor porch was a delight to sit and drink my coffee and look out at the ocean. I will absolutely be back when I visit Ocean Grove again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family