“Quick get away!”

Ranked #2 of 19 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Quick get away!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Tasty breakfast and the host, George is a great guy...made an excellent experience even better against the backdrop of Ocean Grove and the ocean of course! We will definitely go back as the experience transcends the weather for the most part...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I am from the area but no longer have the family home to stay in. So it is always a challenge to find a way to be near the family that remain and house my family. Anyone from the Jersey Shore knows that being near the beach and ocean is good for your soul even if it isn't summer. The Inn at Ocean Grove is so near the water and Ocean Grove's Main Street that you hardly need a car. And it is so near the amazing restaurants in the newly reborn Asbury Park. For my birthday last December (2013), my kids stayed at my mother's and my husband and I checked in to the Inn. What a treat! The annual tour of historic houses was in full swing, we made reservations and headed over to the wonderful Moonstruck Restaurant. The restaurant was ablaze with lights and we could hear Christmas music from the Asbury square nearby as folks drifted home and out on the town following the Christmas tree lighting . When we got back, our room at the Inn was warm and inviting and the next morning-as promised-- I could see the ocean from my window. I was home. And how nice to stay in what feels like a house vs. a big old corporate hotel on a highway! Breakfast was great and the caretaker George was a genial and enthusiastic host. I just made reservations to return in early summer 2014, this time with the kids and all. Looking forward to the convenience of the very short walk from the Inn to the beach and, after the beach, around the corner the other way to get an ice cream cone. We HIGHLY recommend the Inn at Ocean Grove. See you there!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My family and I have stayed here several times over the years and we have always been 100% satisfied. The Inn gives a feeling of home as soon as you walk in the door. The rooms are clean and neat. The family room with tv upstairs is fantastic to watch a movie at night with the kids, and the rooftop is one of my favorite views. My favorite part would have to be the made to order breakfast in the morning. Absolutely delicious food! The owners/mangers and friendly and helpful. There isn't a negative thing to say about the Inn.

• Stayed October 2013
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was my first time in Ocean Grove. I loved the town, small and quaint with some great restaurants and cafes. There are also some nice shops on Main street. The Inn at Ocean Grove was a very nice place to Stay. The Inn manager and his wife were so nice and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We were celebrating my Fiance's birthday when we stayed here and George the manager, got me a cake from a local bakery so I could surprise my Fiance. The breakfast was also very good.
The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated.
If I had to make a recommendation, I think the shower head in the shower should be replaced because the water pressure was very low. Other than that, everything was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My family has been visiting the Jersey Shore for years, and the Inn at Ocean Grove is where we stay. The rooms have a certain nastalgic feel to them, the smell of fresh brewed coffee combined with the salty ocean breeze are guaranteed to wake you up every morning with a smile.
Most of all, we love the atmosphere, the management & staff are always bright & cheerful, always running around taking care of everyone yet they always seem to find time to stop & listen to our crazy vacation stories.
One of the staff shared a story with me that the owner of the INN housed dozens of families after the storm so they wouldn't be homeless. . . we could use more people like that around us.
Must visit & see for yourself

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
West Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been staying here for years and will continue to do so. The staff quickly becomes like family and whether it's a romantic weekend or a friends' getaway it is the perfect place to feel at home. The rooms are clean and quaint. The location is close to the beach. I feel like I've found a real gem.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sara V
New
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

George and Natasha make our visits like a weekend at our own family's home. A welcoming spacious living room hosts two couches for reading, visiting and surfing the Internet. Our cozy room was spacious and comfortable with a block's view to the ocean. Hot beverages and oatmeal are available 24/7 on the first floor. Small room refrigerators keep local leftover treats cool for late night snacks. Even in the winter the views from the porch and balcony are breathtaking and easily accessible from the center hallway. A full tour revealed each room is a treasure with its own unique style and features. Walking distance to Main Street is great for strolling, shopping and dining. George and Natasha are accommodating hosts that can help you find what you need in town and beyond. Thank you for a great winter respite. See you soon! A &K

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
The Ocean Plaza
The Ocean Plaza
#3 of 19 in Ocean Grove
Lillagaard Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Ocean Grove? Share your experiences!