“Probably not returning”

Mama MIA Ristorante
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Ocean View
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sea Isle City
“Probably not returning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

My family and I have been going to Mama Mia's for several years and even though we keep going back occasionally, I think this last visit might be our last. There were some highlights...as always, the bruschetta was delicious, as were the salads. Unfortunately our main entrees were not very good. My father had a veal and shrimp dish that was supposed to have a rich sauce, but it was so thin and watery that everything was just swimming together on the plate. I had a scallop risotto special. The risotto itself was alright but the scallops did not taste particularly fresh. The service was not good at all. They seemed to be really under staffed and our waiter was obviously not experienced. The restaurant got busier and we just continued to wait for our food and check-ups, etc. We would have stayed for coffee but we thought it would probably take forever to get. I don't like giving up on restaurants, but this one has about too many strikes on our list after this last visit.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank flipflopgal7

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Very good Italian meal on week vacation in Sea Isle City. In shopping center so not easy to find but waitress from another restaurant told us they served good Italian.

• Visited August 2013
Dresher, Pennsylvania
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Came here with four others for a shore get together dinner.
We always like to come here. The bruschetta is delicious and our entrees were served hot and fresh.
We used to love the crab cakes but they must have changed the recipe so they are not as good. The penne with vodka sauce is crazy good though!!
The BYOB feature is a money saver.. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
“DESERVES A HIGHER RANKING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have been going to Mama Mia's for several years. This place is truly a gem. The food is consistently good and
the prices are reasonable, plus they are BYOB. Our family of 8 was there again last night, 4 adults and 4 kids.They
always start with complimentary bruchetta with toasted garlic bread and it is the best I have ever had anywhere.
We then shared appetizers. Mussels in a white wine sauce, 2 fried calamari, one with marina sauce and one
with calamata olives ,and red peppers. All were great. I had the veal saltimbocca, my wife the Penne My Way. our son & daughter in law both had the veal valintino with shrimp. Kids had salmon with crab, fettucine alfredo, , and
lasagna. Nobody was disappointed. ALex, our server was terrific. She was very attentive, and we had a well paced meal. Salads are included with all entrees and has a nice light dressing. The pizza here is also the best around. Try the quarto frommage with 4 cheeses, roast red pepper, spinach and sliced tomato. It is terrific.
Some other favorites are the chicken in olive sauce and the veal bruchetta. All the sauces here are also great.
You won't go wrong here and did I mention they are BYOB.

• Visited July 2013
“Mediocre”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We recently had dinner there on a Tuesday evening. The salad which they served was not very good. Our entrees also were nothing to rave about. Other than the fact that there was no waiting for a table, I have nothing good to say about this restaurant.

Visited July 2013