“Chillin In Paramus”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
mohegan lake ny
“Chillin In Paramus”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

In the area for New Years Eve. Staff super Professional, rooms were clean, water was hot (it's the little things) TV Actually had hd channels. Hey the honeymooners were on! Coffee was hot the next morning. Few negatives. Bed was a bit soft and lumpy, window only opened 1/4 inch. 179.00 was a bit high but hey it was New Years Eve. Over all nice stay.

Room Tip: Room facing away from rt 17
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregg K
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard Paramus, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
We appreciate your review of our hotel and are very pleased that you had an exceptional experience. Please come back soon to visit with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Monroe, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2013

So clean, so courteous, so efficient, so updated! Stayed here with family overnight and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We would recommend this hotel to anyone! Thanks to Marriott Paramus for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vito P
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard Paramus, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We are very pleased that you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel. We greatly value your business and do hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed on business. Nice room, clean and well kept. Shower had good pressure. Small bar. The parking was ample. The hotel was updated and clean. The staff was nice and I had no issues. A good value and a good noght sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew B
We appreciate your review of our hotel and thank you for your comments. Please visit us again during your next trip to the Paramus area.
Maryland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is a newer hotel located roughly between the two largest malls in Paramus. If you are traveling to, or even through the area enroute to upstate New York like we were, this is on of the best hotels we've stayed at in the area over the last couple years. Breakfast included. Nice are for business travelers. There is also a bar area for later.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ike85
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard Paramus, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are happy that you continue to be a frequent guest of our property and appreciate your business. We hope to have you as our guest many more times!
You did mention that breakfast was included, but I wanted to make clear that this is only if you book a breakfast inclusive rate, or have a negotiated corporate rate that includes breakfast. Breakfast inclusive rates are usually available and offer great value. Please call the hotel for more information.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I am a fan of Marriott properties.. This year I've stayed with Marriott for over 75 nights and have platinum status.

The rooms are great for a Courtyard, that's about the only positive thing I can say. Actually, there's a great burger place (White Mana Burgers) nearby, I highly recommend trying this out.

The lobby looks like the lobby of my freshmen dormatory, very unimpressive. The workout room is average, and it's in a pretty bad location on a busy street with nonstop traffic at night. Try and get a room thats on the other side of the hotel.

I had a confrontation with one young female employee who was at the front desk. I asked for a complementary bottled water and said that I was a Diamond member w marriott (i got my status mixed up) and didn't get a bottle water at check-in, and she sarcastically responded "We dont have diamond members, sorry!".. I explained that I was mistaken and that I'm indeed Platinum w/ marriott and would like a bottled water. She didn't believe me, so we had to look up my room number and had to verify my information for quite some time. In the end, she finally hesitantly decided to give me my measly bottled water... which cost less than $1..

Nevertheless, if you're status with Marriott, they treat you like crap. Don't go here. I recommend the Marriott in Park ridge.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the street
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank seth e
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard Paramus, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We are very sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at our hotel. Our staff takes pride in delivering great guest service and unfortunately your experience fell far short of that. Please reach out to me directly when coming to the area again and we will be sure to make your next stay a great one.
Neptune, Nj
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a suite which had comfortable furniture, plenty of room and a very good shower. Of course it is located along route 17 which is a very busy highway, but so many of the hotels in this area are along the highway anyway. We just used our GPS to use the county roads, which are very good.

The hotel was packed on Thanksgiving night, but noise was not a problem.

• Stayed November 2013
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard Paramus, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.
Naples
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights last weekend and was very pleased with the hotel and the staff. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the newer top sheets they are using now at the Courtyards too. The shower was mostly warm with good water pressure. The only negative was no hand lotion left in room. I also liked that they provided coffee/tea throughout the day. Route 17 is quite busy as was the GSP, so give yourself extra travel time. Yes, I would stay here again. Also, they had lovely, colorful mums outside, very seasonal!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lakehouse258
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard Paramus, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our associates. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again the next time you are traveling to the Paramus area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Mariott Paramus
#1 of 3 in Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook

Been to Courtyard Paramus? Share your experiences!