Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Garden Plaza Hotel(Saddle Brook)
View Hotel
Saddle Brook Marriott(Saddle Brook)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsred lobsterno elevatorfront deskfirst flooryogurtnew jerseyscrambled eggsparking lota ground floor roomon dutynight clerkright next doorcomplimentary breakfastmorning breakfasthome away from homemini fridgestaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Paramus, NJ while attending a wedding reception in a nearby town. At first ....we worried that the hotel would be noisy since it is sandwiched like a wedge of cheese between the Garden State Parkway and busy Rt 17....but amazingly,,,it turned out that it was super quiet inside the rooms . Also...the free breakfast was pretty good with a wide offering of food and drink.
While it may not be much to look at from the outside...the hotel was clean and updated on
the inside. Overall...a good value if you are passing through the Paramus, NJ area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed for 1 night at this hotel. I called directly to the hotel about a Trip Advisor discount and was accommodated, no problem. I arrived early and again no problem and check in was fast and friendly. The room was on the first floor just down the hall from the front desk, non smoking. An earlier reviewer mentioned the smell of smoke, I have a very sensitive smeller, but did not smell any smoke, anywhere, in fact there was a cleaning person cleaning in the hallways. The room was clean, spacious, with modern amentities . Free wifi, free breakfast with many choices. You can't go wrong with this one.......great job Comfort Suites!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has smoking rooms mixed in with non smoking rooms therefore, they all smell like smoke. As soon as we walked in the lobby I even asked the clerk if there were people smoking in the room adjacent to the lobby. The towels and sheets smell like an ashtray! If your a non smoker do not stay in this hotel! The entire building smells of awful cigarette smoke! We planned to stay two nights but left after the first. I stayed at this property two years ago and it was nice as to why we came back, the smoking is a huge factor and will never return. Not everyone wants to smoke five packs of cigarettes in their sleep!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank 6campers
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,
I find it very troubling that you would turn to a public medium to harm a business simply because you are looking for a free stay, and use blackmail to do so. As I mentioned yesterday during our conversation, blackmail simply is not to work, its unethical and simply wont be put up with. Telling the staff you will write a negative review to obtain a free stay will not be tolerated (im using your exact words).

When you checked out yesterday, the story of the issues with your stay continuously changed to the point where it became simply not believable (especially that the same identical issues would happen in two separate rooms on different sides of the building, with NO ONE else filing the same complaint). Doing our due diligence, we checked into the issues and found everything to be in order and top quality for our guests as many Trip Advisor reviewers have found.

We simply will not put up (as other hotels should not) with such behavior. Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay and what you have written here is can impact the livelihood of many people (as some readers may actually believe you). This may work at other hotels you stay, but not here.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

A very convenient place to sleep in, shop at the near shopping centers and visit New York City. We were the last August and the place was very quiet, clean, with nice breakfast included. We used it as a "base camp" for visiting New York City, leaving early in the morning, coming back late in the evening.

A special mention to the night manager, of which unfortunately I have forgotten the name, that was in charge during our stay (19-22 August 2013), for his kindness and care of customers (that is, us).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Even if this hotel were mediocre (which it most definitely is not), I probably would rate the property a 4 or 5 just based on my interaction with the night clerk, Norman, at my check-in. I arrived very late with my nerves on edge. Within just a few minutes, Norman calmed me down, gave me some needed directional advice, and checked me in with a calming (even kindly), professional manner. It was much appreciated. Later, when I returned with my family and bags, I saw him with cloth in hand cleaning the desk and lobby tables. Reassuring to know that dedicated, caring workers like him still exist.
The property itself was great. Nice rooms in fine shape. The free breakfast was more than adequate with frequently freshened scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, hot waffles, and much more.
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family