“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was a nice stay. I got an excellent rate for the area. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The square footage is a little cramped with a small bathroom and main room. All the most important things though were just fine. Descent breakfast and location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rick T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you need a place to stay, this is the place! I called and made a reservation and spoke to Alan, this man needs a promotion!! Excellent rooms, clean, breakfast amazing, 4 pillows to choose from, firm & soft, it was quiet and we felt safe. I felt like I was at home. We used the $99 deal and what a great deal it was. I would def stay here again. Thanks for everything Alan, we enjoyed out stay, too bad the next hotel in CT was a dirty mess hehe

Room Tip: If you are coming of the Garden State Parkway and need a hotel, stay here, Red Lobster is in the sam...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hod Hasharon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I reviewed this hotel in November 2013.
I ended my review with a promise that if I'd ever need to be in Paramus, NJ, this is the place I'd stay at.
I did. This time with my wife, who liked it just as much as i did.
The rooms are clean, roomy and well appointed.
The rooms are surprisingly quiet considering the non-stop heavy traffic outside.
The staff were friendly, efficient and informative.
Breakfasts were clean, fresh and tasty.
The location is very good (Again, that is if you really have a good reason to be in Paramus....which we do).
This was our second stay and we shall be back!! For sure!!

Room Tip: Try for the back (Facing away from the I-17), although all rooms are sufficiently quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Paramus, NJ while attending a wedding reception in a nearby town. At first ....we worried that the hotel would be noisy since it is sandwiched like a wedge of cheese between the Garden State Parkway and busy Rt 17....but amazingly,,,it turned out that it was super quiet inside the rooms . Also...the free breakfast was pretty good with a wide offering of food and drink.
While it may not be much to look at from the outside...the hotel was clean and updated on
the inside. Overall...a good value if you are passing through the Paramus, NJ area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Chicopee,Ma.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night at this hotel. I called directly to the hotel about a Trip Advisor discount and was accommodated, no problem. I arrived early and again no problem and check in was fast and friendly. The room was on the first floor just down the hall from the front desk, non smoking. An earlier reviewer mentioned the smell of smoke, I have a very sensitive smeller, but did not smell any smoke, anywhere, in fact there was a cleaning person cleaning in the hallways. The room was clean, spacious, with modern amentities . Free wifi, free breakfast with many choices. You can't go wrong with this one.......great job Comfort Suites!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has smoking rooms mixed in with non smoking rooms therefore, they all smell like smoke. As soon as we walked in the lobby I even asked the clerk if there were people smoking in the room adjacent to the lobby. The towels and sheets smell like an ashtray! If your a non smoker do not stay in this hotel! The entire building smells of awful cigarette smoke! We planned to stay two nights but left after the first. I stayed at this property two years ago and it was nice as to why we came back, the smoking is a huge factor and will never return. Not everyone wants to smoke five packs of cigarettes in their sleep!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank 6campers
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,
I find it very troubling that you would turn to a public medium to harm a business simply because you are looking for a free stay, and use blackmail to do so. As I mentioned yesterday during our conversation, blackmail simply is not to work, its unethical and simply wont be put up with. Telling the staff you will write a negative review to obtain a free stay will not be tolerated (im using your exact words).

When you checked out yesterday, the story of the issues with your stay continuously changed to the point where it became simply not believable (especially that the same identical issues would happen in two separate rooms on different sides of the building, with NO ONE else filing the same complaint). Doing our due diligence, we checked into the issues and found everything to be in order and top quality for our guests as many Trip Advisor reviewers have found.

We simply will not put up (as other hotels should not) with such behavior. Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay and what you have written here is can impact the livelihood of many people (as some readers may actually believe you). This may work at other hotels you stay, but not here.
Turin, Piemonte, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

A very convenient place to sleep in, shop at the near shopping centers and visit New York City. We were the last August and the place was very quiet, clean, with nice breakfast included. We used it as a "base camp" for visiting New York City, leaving early in the morning, coming back late in the evening.

A special mention to the night manager, of which unfortunately I have forgotten the name, that was in charge during our stay (19-22 August 2013), for his kindness and care of customers (that is, us).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#3 of 5 in Paramus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
BEST WESTERN the Inn at Ramsey

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!