All reviews red lobster front desk first floor yogurt new jersey parking lot scrambled eggs free breakfast right next door mini fridge stayed one night housekeeping staff garden state plaza nj alan route highway
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. A bit difficult to navigate to with the NJ barriers along the highway, but that's not the hotel's fault. Checkin was a breeze, and they gave us a first-floor room, making access easy with our luggage. Parking in the rear is safe and secure. Room was very clean, with excellent shower and lavoratory. Big flat-screen TV was nice, and the bed linens were crisp and high quality. WiFi was fast and supported NetFlix, which is my criterion for wireless performance. So they get a "5" for that.

Getting dinner will be a challenge if you don't want Red Lobster, which is right next door. Otherwise, looks like you will need to drive to find an alternate restaurant. Just depends on your mobility. But it appears there are many places to find dinner fairly close by. But the "Jersey Barriers" on the highway will make the drive much longer than it needs to be.

Breakfast was excellent! Better than most Choice Hotels. I am an Elite Diamond member with Choice, so I've seen it all. This property is in the top tier for me. Highly recommend this property.

Room tip: Room in the back will be quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Bizz-Traveler987
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First of all, this hotel is quite dated. It's a two story motel. I checked in Wed, June 25 after 11:30 pm. There were 3 people in line. The hotel clerk (I believe his name was Norman...) basically was a robot who said the same things over and over, his eyes glazed. I did not anticipate that this motel did not have an elevator and unfortunately, I had just had some work done on my knee and could not climb the steep stairs where my room was. It was a smoking room bec it was all that was left. I asked the clerk if I could get help with my luggage-- I had a large checked-in bag, a heavy laptop bag and a large carry-on and I was by myself. He said that unfortunately, there was no service. So I asked him if HE could help me. He just stared at me with those glazed eyes and did not respond and continued his sing-song script that I had previously heard twice. I also asked if there was only one stairway. He said this was the only stairs to the 2nd floor. HE LIED. There was another one at the end of the hall that had landings that would have been easier for me to navigate even that I was not going to get help. I was the last in line and there was no one else in the lobby. The desk was just right next to the steep stairs. He could have helped me. But he did not. So I struggled up the stairs one step at a time with 3 pieces of heavy bags. I am 58 years old with bad knees. It would have only taken him a a couple of minutes to help me. The room SMELLED bad.You can smell the horrible stench as you walk in the hallway. There was dirt on the back of the stuffed chair. The best thing about the room thankfully, is the comfortable bed. I will never stay in this motel ever again. And I think the desk clerk was rude, oblivious and unkind.First of all, this hotel is quite dated. It's a two story motel. I checked in Wed, June 25 after 11:30 pm. There were 3 people in line. The hotel clerk (I believe his name was Norman...) basically was a robot who said the same things over and over, his eyes glazed. I did not anticipate that this motel did not have an elevator and unfortunately, I had just had some work done on my knee and could not climb the steep stairs where my room was. It was a smoking room bec it was all that was left. I asked the clerk if I could get help with my luggage-- I had a large checked-in bag, a heavy laptop bag and a large carry-on and I was by myself. He said that unfortunately, there was no service. So I asked him if HE could help me. He just stared at me with those glazed eyes and did not respond and continued his sing-song script that I had previously heard twice. I also asked if there was only one stairway. He said this was the only stairs to the 2nd floor. HE LIED. There was another one at the end of the hall that had landings that would have been easier for me to navigate even that I was not going to get help. I was the last in line and there was no one else in the lobby. The desk was just right next to the steep stairs. He could have helped me. But he did not. So I struggled up the stairs one step at a time with 3 pieces of heavy bags. I am 58 years old with bad knees. It would have only taken him a a couple of minutes to help me. The room SMELLED bad.You can smell the horrible stench as you walk in the hallway. There was dirt on the back of the stuffed chair. The best thing about the room thankfully, is the comfortable bed. I will never stay in this motel ever again. And I think the desk clerk was rude, oblivious and unkind.

Room tip: There is NO elevator so pick first floor if you cannot carry luggage up steep stairs. Also, smoking rooms have horrible stench.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank magzfaux
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Im sorry you did not enjoy your stay with our property. From your review, it seems that we could have done a better job at making your stay a better one. Unfortunately, the property does not offer an elevator, and I know how frustrating this must have been for you but do ask on reservations if you require a first floor room. However, I can see you requested a smoking room, and those are very limited. I do know on this specific reservation it was more important for the smoking room rather than than the first floor room which we accommodated. Smoking rooms DO smell like smoke, and we try our best to hide the smell as best as possible using the latest air handling technology machines, but there is only so much we can do. Our front desk will do our best to assist with baggage, however, will only do so when they do not have other customer to attend to. In the future, if you require a first floor room, let us know in advance. Our staff tries very hard every day to make sure our guests have a pleasant stay so we thank you for staying with us. We hope you try us again and not let this one experience deter you.

Thank You.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the time I walked into Comfort Inn through the time of checking out, the staff was very accommodating. Even during the busiest time of the day, they stop and took care of you. But the most outstanding quality I experience with this hotel was the politeness of each and every staff member.

Thank you for making my stay a pleasant stay.

CJ

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank C S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The management and staff made an adjustment in the hotel schedule to assist a large group staying there. Furthermore, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Yes, the beds were comfortable. Although the rooms were a little smaller than what I am used to, the rooms were updated and clean!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Neshea T
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Good clean room with comfortable beds. The breakfast provided was OK, but nothing special. The price was decent for the area, and convenient to access from nearby highways. I recommend this for anyone traveling to the area.

Room tip: No rooms have much of a view of anything worth seeing, so I suggest asking for rooms closest to the lobby for convenience.
Date of stay: May 2014