“I have never done this before”

Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
“I have never done this before”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I would like to thank Allan personally who works at the front desk a big thank you.
You did not have a room on the first floor for non-smoking and we had my wife's 90 year old father with us. You did not have an elevator which you should consider for handicap people. What I am trying to say Allan went way out of his way and took our luggage into our room and made sure my wife's father was safe. using the stairs. All I can say who ever is Allan's boss needs to keep him employed and do whatever it takes to keep him. He is worth a raise and a promotion.
Thanks Allan You are one of those rare gems that make traveling very pleasurable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Vero be
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this hotel through my credit card. When we got there they said they only had smoking rooms available. I had reserved a nonsmoking. They took me up to smell the room I could not even stand in the hallway. We had to leave and go pay go another hotel. Now this hotel won't reimburse my credit card so I can get my points back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Roberta S
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Its very troublesome that you would write a negative review that we were looking to give you a smoking room, and we would not provide a refund to you. I fully admit we would not provide you a refund for the room. However, please enlighten the TripAdvisor community on the truth in this situation.

As per our conversation, you admitted to myself and our front desk that you incorrectly booked the reservation for a smoking room. We understand mistakes happen. However when the property is sold out, its impossible to change the room type for another. We simply cannot be responsible for reservation mistakes guests make themselves (with no travel agent or hotel staff involved).

(Of course calling me again days later to threaten about a negative online review doesn't help the situation either.)

Please provide all the facts when writing such a damaging review about an issue that was fully at your fault.

Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I came in, in a rush, had to get to an area hospital fast, my first grandchild was about to be born! Allen, at the front desk, checked me in, he carried my luggage to my 2nd floor room, turned on the A/C for me, and, said just tell him if I needed anything. Allen, is a remarkable individual, he was SUPERB throughout my short 2 night stay. Sassy, who is also front desk personnel, was so warm and caring. Terrific breakfast buffet is served in the morning. Room was clean and very comfortable. Front desks has area restaurant menu's if you would like food delivered. Red Lobster Restaurant next door to eat in or take out. and....when I was leaving, another hotel staff member, saw me at the top of the stairs, and, took my luggage down for me. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!! Remarkable, friendly staff, that makes one feel safe and cared about.

Room Tip: This is a two-story hotel, no elevator, however, no problem, hotel personnel will take your luggage...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I loved this hotel, was really nice and relaxing. The staff was super nice. The only issue I had was that they did not have an elevator but my room was very close and pretty much as soon as you entered the lobby. Other than that it was a nice experience. I was only there for one night and had to go to another hotel for the other night but overall I would stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. A bit difficult to navigate to with the NJ barriers along the highway, but that's not the hotel's fault. Checkin was a breeze, and they gave us a first-floor room, making access easy with our luggage. Parking in the rear is safe and secure. Room was very clean, with excellent shower and lavoratory. Big flat-screen TV was nice, and the bed linens were crisp and high quality. WiFi was fast and supported NetFlix, which is my criterion for wireless performance. So they get a "5" for that.

Getting dinner will be a challenge if you don't want Red Lobster, which is right next door. Otherwise, looks like you will need to drive to find an alternate restaurant. Just depends on your mobility. But it appears there are many places to find dinner fairly close by. But the "Jersey Barriers" on the highway will make the drive much longer than it needs to be.

Breakfast was excellent! Better than most Choice Hotels. I am an Elite Diamond member with Choice, so I've seen it all. This property is in the top tier for me. Highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Room in the back will be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bizz-Traveler987
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

First of all, this hotel is quite dated. It's a two story motel. I checked in Wed, June 25 after 11:30 pm. There were 3 people in line. The hotel clerk (I believe his name was Norman...) basically was a robot who said the same things over and over, his eyes glazed. I did not anticipate that this motel did not have an elevator and unfortunately, I had just had some work done on my knee and could not climb the steep stairs where my room was. It was a smoking room bec it was all that was left. I asked the clerk if I could get help with my luggage-- I had a large checked-in bag, a heavy laptop bag and a large carry-on and I was by myself. He said that unfortunately, there was no service. So I asked him if HE could help me. He just stared at me with those glazed eyes and did not respond and continued his sing-song script that I had previously heard twice. I also asked if there was only one stairway. He said this was the only stairs to the 2nd floor. HE LIED. There was another one at the end of the hall that had landings that would have been easier for me to navigate even that I was not going to get help. I was the last in line and there was no one else in the lobby. The desk was just right next to the steep stairs. He could have helped me. But he did not. So I struggled up the stairs one step at a time with 3 pieces of heavy bags. I am 58 years old with bad knees. It would have only taken him a a couple of minutes to help me. The room SMELLED bad.You can smell the horrible stench as you walk in the hallway. There was dirt on the back of the stuffed chair. The best thing about the room thankfully, is the comfortable bed. I will never stay in this motel ever again. And I think the desk clerk was rude, oblivious and unkind.First of all, this hotel is quite dated. It's a two story motel. I checked in Wed, June 25 after 11:30 pm. There were 3 people in line. The hotel clerk (I believe his name was Norman...) basically was a robot who said the same things over and over, his eyes glazed. I did not anticipate that this motel did not have an elevator and unfortunately, I had just had some work done on my knee and could not climb the steep stairs where my room was. It was a smoking room bec it was all that was left. I asked the clerk if I could get help with my luggage-- I had a large checked-in bag, a heavy laptop bag and a large carry-on and I was by myself. He said that unfortunately, there was no service. So I asked him if HE could help me. He just stared at me with those glazed eyes and did not respond and continued his sing-song script that I had previously heard twice. I also asked if there was only one stairway. He said this was the only stairs to the 2nd floor. HE LIED. There was another one at the end of the hall that had landings that would have been easier for me to navigate even that I was not going to get help. I was the last in line and there was no one else in the lobby. The desk was just right next to the steep stairs. He could have helped me. But he did not. So I struggled up the stairs one step at a time with 3 pieces of heavy bags. I am 58 years old with bad knees. It would have only taken him a a couple of minutes to help me. The room SMELLED bad.You can smell the horrible stench as you walk in the hallway. There was dirt on the back of the stuffed chair. The best thing about the room thankfully, is the comfortable bed. I will never stay in this motel ever again. And I think the desk clerk was rude, oblivious and unkind.

Room Tip: There is NO elevator so pick first floor if you cannot carry luggage up steep stairs. Also, smoking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank magzfaux
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Im sorry you did not enjoy your stay with our property. From your review, it seems that we could have done a better job at making your stay a better one. Unfortunately, the property does not offer an elevator, and I know how frustrating this must have been for you but do ask on reservations if you require a first floor room. However, I can see you requested a smoking room, and those are very limited. I do know on this specific reservation it was more important for the smoking room rather than than the first floor room which we accommodated. Smoking rooms DO smell like smoke, and we try our best to hide the smell as best as possible using the latest air handling technology machines, but there is only so much we can do. Our front desk will do our best to assist with baggage, however, will only do so when they do not have other customer to attend to. In the future, if you require a first floor room, let us know in advance. Our staff tries very hard every day to make sure our guests have a pleasant stay so we thank you for staying with us. We hope you try us again and not let this one experience deter you.

Thank You.
Barrington, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the time I walked into Comfort Inn through the time of checking out, the staff was very accommodating. Even during the busiest time of the day, they stop and took care of you. But the most outstanding quality I experience with this hotel was the politeness of each and every staff member.

Thank you for making my stay a pleasant stay.

CJ

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank C S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#3 of 5 in Paramus
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Mariott Paramus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!