“Upscale for the money!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Upscale for the money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very pleased with this hotel. Bed, linens are like an upscale Marriott. Towels are thick and fluffy. The only think reminding me it is not a upscale hotel is the single bottles of cheap shampoo and tiny soaps wrapped in plastic. Otherwise - very happy with this hotel. ONE HUGE gripe about this hotel and others is that they have numerous electrical plugs and even USB adapters at the desk but yuo have to manhandle the mattress and box spring to get to the single plug tucked way down behind the mattress. For us CPAP users it is royal pain. Thank god I travel with a power strip.Please put plugs in the lamps on night stands in easy reach.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
York Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Was going to a Yankee game with my son on Saturday, August 23rd - Joe Torre Day. Checked in on Friday at 3 pm. Allen was super - very accomodating to all of our needs. Provided us with directions to places of business in the surrounding area. The Red Lobster restaurant next store to the motel is very convienent. Traffic can be a bit tricky in the area depending upon the time of day - but being an ex New Yorker was not all that bad.
Facility was clean & up to date. All staff was absolutley terrific. I recomend highly

Room Tip: Stay in back away from traffic noise. No elevator
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Peru, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed her a couple nights ago. It is right on rt 17, so very convenient if you are going into the city. The room was excellent. The bed was comfy. The shower was hot and great pressure. The breakfast was good, typical continental breakfast. Good value for the money. The only things I would nit pick on are 1.) The water gets VERY hot, so be careful. Especially if you are traveling with young kids. And 2.) There is not enough tables in the dining area for breakfast. My husband and I had to sit on one of the sofas near the front door.

Also, our GPS for some reason did not recognize this address. It tried to take us to another address. Luckily I had read ahead of time there was a Red Lobster on the property and I spotted it as we drove by. So my husband was able to get off the highway and turn around and get back there. If I searched the GPS for restaurants and pick Red Lobster, it then finds the place. But could not find it by the address. I dont' know, maybe this is just a glitch with my GPS, but I was glad to know the Red Lobster was there. That really saved us.

Room Tip: Maybe get a back facing room so the traffic noise from the highway is lower.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeannie_b73
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

......where I needed to be. It is right on 17 so request a room I'm back if traffic noise keeps you awake. Clean and easy access. Attached to a Red Lobster but did not eat there. There is no pool and I thought the price was a tad high. Morning breakfast seems to be the same at all Comfort locales and it was that. Are those real eggs????

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I would like to thank Allan personally who works at the front desk a big thank you.
You did not have a room on the first floor for non-smoking and we had my wife's 90 year old father with us. You did not have an elevator which you should consider for handicap people. What I am trying to say Allan went way out of his way and took our luggage into our room and made sure my wife's father was safe. using the stairs. All I can say who ever is Allan's boss needs to keep him employed and do whatever it takes to keep him. He is worth a raise and a promotion.
Thanks Allan You are one of those rare gems that make traveling very pleasurable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Vero be
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this hotel through my credit card. When we got there they said they only had smoking rooms available. I had reserved a nonsmoking. They took me up to smell the room I could not even stand in the hallway. We had to leave and go pay go another hotel. Now this hotel won't reimburse my credit card so I can get my points back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roberta S
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Its very troublesome that you would write a negative review that we were looking to give you a smoking room, and we would not provide a refund to you. I fully admit we would not provide you a refund for the room. However, please enlighten the TripAdvisor community on the truth in this situation.

As per our conversation, you admitted to myself and our front desk that you incorrectly booked the reservation for a smoking room. We understand mistakes happen. However when the property is sold out, its impossible to change the room type for another. We simply cannot be responsible for reservation mistakes guests make themselves (with no travel agent or hotel staff involved).

(Of course calling me again days later to threaten about a negative online review doesn't help the situation either.)

Please provide all the facts when writing such a damaging review about an issue that was fully at your fault.

Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I came in, in a rush, had to get to an area hospital fast, my first grandchild was about to be born! Allen, at the front desk, checked me in, he carried my luggage to my 2nd floor room, turned on the A/C for me, and, said just tell him if I needed anything. Allen, is a remarkable individual, he was SUPERB throughout my short 2 night stay. Sassy, who is also front desk personnel, was so warm and caring. Terrific breakfast buffet is served in the morning. Room was clean and very comfortable. Front desks has area restaurant menu's if you would like food delivered. Red Lobster Restaurant next door to eat in or take out. and....when I was leaving, another hotel staff member, saw me at the top of the stairs, and, took my luggage down for me. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!! Remarkable, friendly staff, that makes one feel safe and cared about.

Room Tip: This is a two-story hotel, no elevator, however, no problem, hotel personnel will take your luggage...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#3 of 5 in Paramus
Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!