“consistent holiday inn express experience”

Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

stayed here to attend concert in NYC. were very pleased. shopping mall near with good dining options. it is on a busy highway so you have to move quickly to get in and out, but on the flip side the highway is a direct route out of the area as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Maria C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to have you as a guest again when you are back to the area.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I must say the reason I was staying there was because I was temporarily homeless.
I was working at a upscale store in the mall but had no place to call home. My family was not able to take me in anymore.
I was treated like royalty when I was at the hotel. I always recommend this one in particular because the service was excellent! If they only knew!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SaltedCARAmel
Maria C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review . We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team work very hard every day to make sure all our guests are 100% satisfy with their stay. We look forward to assist you again when you are back to the area.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

A hallmark of the Holiday Inn Express chain is the consistency found across the properties. As expected, the property was well maintained and the interior lobby and furnishings inviting. The front desk staff was cordial in welcoming us and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring that our needs were met.

Our room was one of the larger Express rooms that I have stayed in, with plenty of space to move around in. The room was in very good condition with little to no signs of wear or abuse. Two queen beds were comfortable with the added enjoyment of selecting between "firm" and "soft" pillows. It was really quite an enjoyable stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Traveling with three growing boys, I love the complimentary breakfast offered at the Holiday Inn Express. Eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, muffins, toast, cereal, pancakes, etc. The amount saved on eating breakfast at a restaurant, easily, pays for a third of the hotel room.

The only issue with this particular stay was a concern regarding the side entrance to the building. The door lock did not work and created a security risk to the guests. This was pointed out to the front desk with the hopes that on our next visit to this area it would be corrected.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Maria C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing this review about our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize about the incovenience that you had with the room keys. We look forward to have you as a guest again when you are back to the area.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for several weeks in the April to June 2014 period.
Good is the location : next to Route 17, close to 4 and Interstate 80. Close to Westfield shopping as well as Bergen County Outlets.
Good is also the parking facility. All around the building.
Issue with the hotel is noise. I originally had a room with jacuzzi. These are in the front of the building, really adjacent the Route 17. Noise is as if the cars and trucks are passing through your room.
I moved then towards the back of the hotel, and based on my experience would say that the rooms on level 2 and with even numbering (larger than 230) are the better ones. As such you are quite far away from the Route 17.
Reception staff is very nice and helpful.
Breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express. Must say that for people that like the pancakes, the machine was often not working.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GeertVdS

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you found our hotel location to be very noise because of route 17. We are glar to hear you enjoyed you stay and you liked the room on the second floor. We look forward to assist you again when you are back to the area.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at this property for four days 05/28 - 06/01. The service is excellent . There were some challenges with my reservation and Venaka, at the front desk owned the problem from start to finish and brought a resolution. He is absolutely helpful and deserves to be acknowledged by management. As the saying goes , you will never get a second chance to make a first impression and first impression is usually lasting. So thanks Venaka . Great job. I had a great time at this hotel. The bed is very comfortable. The room is very clean and the breakfast which is included in the rate is great . Wide variety to chose from eggs, bacon, pancakes, muffins, yogurts etc. Great value for the rate. The hotel is located close to a shopping mall and several restaurants are within close proximity. New York is not far away from this hotel, hence if you need to be in the city, you can really save by staying here and travel into the city. Great amenities, business center , gym opens 24 hours. Great Great place. Love it - Will definitely return .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for giving us a five star review. Our team is very happy to hear that Venkat went above and beyong to make sure you had a wonderful stay with. All our employees work very hard everyday to make sure all our guests are 100% satisfy with their stay. We look forward to assist you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was the typical Holiday Inn Express. It had been updated and was very good in all aspects except for location. We took the GPS recommended exit from the NJ Parkway. Unfortunately found that Route 17 has a divider between the north and south lanes. This divider took us a couple miles north to access a turnaround which had us then goon south. Saw the hotel on the left but had to exit a mile or past and then come back!! Once we got there after a 10 hour day we decided to order delivery instead of trying the 17 adventure again. Not the hotels fault but something to keep in mind when staying there! Good luck, but once settled in and the next morning the hotel and staff were wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2014
Maria C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry to hear you found our hotel location difficult to find. We look forward to have you as guest again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have to say I was disappointed with my stay here simply for the fact that I work at a hotel myself and know that you are suppose to go above and beyond to make your guest happy. Let me start with the good points. Very clean hotel, beds and pillows super comfortable, nice size refridgerator in the room, housekeeping staff was very friendly. Breakfast was your average Holiday Inn Express breakfast which is what I was expecting and the size of the bathrooms was adequate. Low points during my trip would be the front desk staff. I think there was only one person (a tall gentleman) who asked me how my trip was going the entire time I was there. All the other staff members just minded their own business and didn't even really smile. This one gentleman who seemed to work there a lot was pretty unprofessional. One night I went out to have a cigarette and could see him through the window where you could see the front desk, sitting in a wife beater with no button up shirt on. Ew. My other issue was the keys. Like I mentioned above, I work at a hotel so I already know you are not suppose to put your key next to anything magnetic.They would just not work half the time I was there and I would have to insert them multiple times before I could get them to work. You need to update your key slots. As of right now I haven't decided if I would stay here again or not.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anastasia C
Maria C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about your stay. We would like to offer a sincere apology while we understand that your stay was not 100% satifactory. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Express Paramus? Share your experiences!