“A nice place to relax”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Park Ridge
Wooster, Ohio
“A nice place to relax”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel very quiet with lots of cozy places to sit and relax. We enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and our room was very comfortable. Staff helped us choose a nearby diner which was great and everyone was very attentive to our needs. The "country" feel of the location of this Marriott was an added bonus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New York
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Check in was a bit bumpy because they could not locate my reservation. I didn't have my confo number and the front desk kept asking me if I was in the right hotel. They could not locate my reservation -even though I insisted I made one for this very hotel. He kept assuming I was wrong. I guess people make reservations and show up at the wrong hotel frequently? After 15 minutes of going back and forth, I was told that i can make a new reservation- I would then be double charged I asked? Well, if you made a reservation in the first place yes, was his ridiculous and insulting reply.Angered, I had to go outside to access my email account because for some reason, internet access in the lobby was not possible. Upon finding my reservation number I went back to the front desk and read it to him. He punched it in and said - Oh yes its for this hotel but it is not showing up in our system. OK? so now what? He finally found it but for some reason we had to cancel it and re make it again because he said he couldn't pull it over.So he cancels it and books me a new reservation. This time the rate is more money that what I had booked it for. When I brought this to his attention, he asked if I would like him to correct it for the lower rate. Um, yes of course! During the "check in" process I would have appreciated a little more courtesy and not being treated like I was ignorant. A repeat/Customer service class should be mandatory for that clerk.

So after the half hour we lost checking in, we went to our rom. I had booked a room that gave us access to the concierge room. There were a few hot dishes out when we went to check it out. The lady tending the room was so helpful, friendly and doting, she made me forget the torment I went through at the front desk. She made us fresh coffee and served my son cookies, and could not do enough for us. We enjoyed her and her level of service very much.

The room was run of the mill, albeit a little small, clean and neat. We had a balcony and could see the pool. The pool area was ok- plenty of chairs but not enough towels. I like that it was heated. There were swim lessons going on while we were there so it was a little challenging navigating around them while in the pool and trying not to disturb their lesson. The whirlpool was clean as was the pool and we liked that it was indoor and outdoor. The Pub let you take out drinks in paper cups to take by the pool. The food there was also very good as was the friendly service.

We would go back again, it was convenient for what we needed. I just hope If we do we do not have the same check in problems.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Posh65
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I booked the Marriott in Park Ridge for my daughter's birthday sleepover. We had three connecting rooms, and it worked out great! The rooms were a little small, but it was clean. The kids enjoyed the pool, and had a blast! Breakfast was buffet, it was just okay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2013

went away to relax-and did exactly that. the pool was great. heated indoor pool connected to the outdoor pool. good getaway. recomoneded.the staff was nice and was able to help us tell us about the area since we ar enot from there and provided a map.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
long island, ny
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Loved the indoor/outdoor pool. Sauna was a bonus. The Irish pub had great food. We also had the breakfast buffet which was great. Room was clean. Staff so very helpful. Cool chairs out front that my son loved sitting in.

Stayed September 2012
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I recently stayed here in order to attend a nearby wedding. The hotel is located in a residential area in northern New Jersey. It is not a huge hotel, but it is clean and comfortable. Walking in, there is a covered walkway over a stream. It has small couches and is a nice place to relax if you are waiting for somebody or just hanging out. According to the hotel, anyone who smokes must do so in an area designated 25 feet from the hotel. I did not see this area, but I appreciate the smoke free environment. The room was clean, nothing spectacular, but a good night's rest. The front desk and check in was efficient and the staff was friendly. There are also plenty of couches in the lobby to relax and hang out with friends. My husband and I had a snack in the pub, arugula goat cheese pizza and some wings- that was all very good. A few detractors- in the room they forgot to include the coffee fixings--- ( I like that AM in the room cup of coffee) When I went downstairs- they had no coffee service, just a cup from a machine that cost 2.50. My friend wanted to get her hair blown out- and she waited at the little spa on site- and the hairdresser never showed up- to her credit, the receptionist called several times, but after an hour it was apparent that the stylist was a no show. There was another woman who had made an appointment, and she was frustrated as well. Breakfast for two was about 43.00- that was a buffet- not worth it in my opinion- just one step up from the free buffets at other chain hotels.
One last note- the gym was clean, basic machines- not huge, but I was the only one on the treadmill- and the pool looked inviting,,, if only I had more time I would have checked it out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dogmom11236
New England
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The Park Ridge Marriott is conveniently located in the town of Park Ridge NJ. For a small residential town, this is a nice, full service Marriott - but not big.
It has an indoor/outdoor pool (salt water) - with a Jacuzzi.
It also has a breakfast restaurant and a pub.
The rooms are clean and comfortable.
Good choice if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Park Ridge Marriott? Share your experiences!