“Great hotel in nice area”

Park Ridge Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Park Ridge
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Nice hotel in wooded setting, but convenient location. Stayed a few years ago, before the facelift, wasn't as pleased, but the update has definitely paid off.
Concierge level with cocktails, snacks, breakfast on the top floor.
Friendly staff, good check in/out experience.

Room Tip: Choose room not facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room and bathroom, with good toiletries. Breakfast buffet was good and service was prompt and attentive.
Room was nI
ce and quiet! Pool looked nice but didn't get a chance to use. Wireless worked well. Room service was prompt and good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The staff is great, food great, love the social areas and ambiance over all this place is great my preferred Hotel while staying in NJ for business not to far from NY by train. Rooms very nice comfy beds and pillows clean rooms great concierge did I say staff is great

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We wanted to just get away from home for the weekend. We did not want to travel far but wanted that feeling of being on a vacation. We achieved both at Park Ridge Marriott.
We called the hotel at 11am to see if there was a possibility of checking us in early, we were pleasantly surprised when we were told to come over. We were checked in before 12pm. Check in was smooth and quick. Dennis at the front desk was courteous and polite.
Our room was rather small but comfortable. Unfortunately our bathroom had plumbing problem, we called maintenance, and got a fast response. The guy who responded was very nice ( sorry can't recall his name but I recall he is Haitian) he promptly moved us to another room and made sure we were comfortable. We were offered free breakfast the next morning which we felt was a nice touch.
We proceeded to have a peaceful and restful stay.
The only negative experience was the bar. Saturday night, we ordered 4 cocktails totaling over $50 but the drinks were extremely watered down and tasteless. We even went down and complained but he smiled, did not offer an apology or restitution.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My first time to New Jersey and was I pleasantly surprised. Beautiful homes nestled in lush landscaped neighborhoods. The hotel is in a great area, private and peaceful. It's not far from great restaurants and plenty of shopping. People were friendly, the staff incrediby accomodating. And I didn't see one person who even slightly resembled Snookie or Teresa Guidice! It was a perfect visit the Garden State!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great service - especially at the concierge lounge and from the shuttle driver. When you travel a lot for work, it's the small things that can make a big difference. The woman who works during the evenings in the concierge lounge allows remembers that I prefer a regular ceramic mug instead of a disposable one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We came to the Park Ridge Marriott for the second year in a row to attend my son's youth football league's annual awards brunch. Although it is only 20 minutes from our home, we decided to make it a staycation. This a business hotel so the rate for a weekend night is only $109 versus $239 for during the week. My kids and I arrived about 5pm. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. We arrived in our room to find that there were only 3 towels for 4 guests, but a phone call downstairs quickly remedied that situation. My kids had fun swimming in the pool (salt water, which my son at first complained about, but soon got used to), while I relaxed in the hot tub. My husband did not arrive til nearly 8, and it was raining out so we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant, an Irish pub called Sean O'Casey's, instead of venturing out. We were very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and the service was good. My husband and I both had burgers and the kids had wings. The portions were very generous and everyone was happy. The year before we had a very similar meal at the Porter House, and I must say the food was comparable, and the best part was we didn't have to drive anywhere. The lobby/lounge area of the hotel is currently being renovated, but it was not disruptive. I look forward to going again next year and seeing what it looks like. Back at the room, we enjoyed the comfy beds and super comfy pillows! My one complaint was that we had to pay for Internet access. It's free in the lobby area, but try telling my kids to sit in the lobby to play on their iPads. $12.95 for basic wifi, $16.95 for enhanced seems like a ripoff, but the room rate was low, so I can't complain. In the morning, we looked out our window and laughed about the horrible view- right atop a roof, with a ladder and dirty drop cloths directly outside our window. We were only there for one night and didn't need to look out the window, though it would have been nice if the dirty drop cloths could have been elsewhere- otherwise, a very nice stay and we look forward to coming again next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Park Ridge Marriott? Share your experiences!