“Worst Service and Mexican Food I ever had”
Review of Tower of India

Tower of India
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Parlin
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Called for delivery at 5:24 PM and told about 35 minutes for delivery. 1st call person answered using foul language while speaking to someone else in restaurant. Called at 6:40 as no food arrived, once it did it was luke warm and horrible! Never again will use this place.

There are newer reviews for Tower of India

Reviewed 28 May 2012

i'm not a local. However, when I visited my wife's family in Marlboro. They brought me to this restaurant. The food was good. I really enjoyed the enchilada's that they served me. I will be back again, when I come around this area.

1  Thank MyGHMhotels
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I've been lusting for a good Mexican restaurant in this area since moving here a couple of years ago. Having come here from S Texas, I have high standards for Mexican food. But, was eager to give this a try. They distributed the menu and left it at my door, so thought it was worth a shot. I "dipped my toe" in by just getting their explosion nachos to go over the weekend, and have to say I was disappointed. Very low cheese to chip ratio. The portion size was pretty good, but seemed like the only cheese was on the top layer of chips. Just naked chips below. Plus, I ordered the ground beef on them. I'd be surprised if there were 2 tablespoons of meat on the nachos. For those chips that had cheese and meat, the taste was very good, plus a good spicey kick, but I just felt cheated on the "good stuff", as if they were going for the cheap version. The restaurant itself seemed clean, but very stark in terms of decor...VERY stark. The staff seemed very nice and appreciative of my business. May or may not be back - we'll see.

3  Thank Jschunter
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Mango's calls itself Indian-Mexican fusion. That really means that the dishes are all Mexican dishes, but the fillings are (Asian) Indian. For example, I had a Chicken Curry Burrito made in a fusion style. They may call it that because the menu at first may cause con-fusion. This is a storefront and offers only counter ordering. Then you pick a table and they bring the food out to you. You have seven choices for the entre, ten choices for the filling, and two choices for the style. So they serve 7*10*2 = 140 different dishes. The entres are taco, burrito, enchilada, taco salad, nachos, fries, or enchilada. The fillings are chicken, chicken curry, Masala chicken beef, cheese&onion, veggy, Paneer Masalla, black beans, or Vegetarian chili. The style is Mexican or Fusion. Mexican is with salsa, sour cream, and pico de gallo. Fusion claims to have tamarind chutney, mint coriander sauce, yogurt sauce, or special sauce. Frankly I know only that I got yogurt sauce. Did I get special sauce? Who knows? You also have a choice of four levels of heat: mild, medium, hot, and extremely hot. I asked for extremely hot and got it somewhere between mild and medium. But your taste buds may vary; I am a piquency freak. All dishes served with rice and beans.

I had a chicken curry fusion burrito. That was $7.99. The flavor was pretty good and was messy enough it had to be eaten with a (plastic) knife and fork. They also have some appetizers and deserts. The two Indians running the restaurant seemed friendly.

4  Thank Mark_Leeper
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I just had dinner there last night, one word...DELICIOUS! I had the vegetarian enchiladas and my friend had the explosion nachos with the indian fusion...OMG so good. Try all the different sauces, very tasty. The atmosphere is very nice too, might be byob but not sure. Best Mexican food in the area, will definitely go back for more!!!

6  Thank monapa

Been to Tower of India? Share your experiences!