“Best Value for money hotel on your way to NYC”

Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
South Houston, Texas
“Best Value for money hotel on your way to NYC”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed at this location on 19th of October. We were driving late on Friday night to NYC from Toronto. We thought, it would be good to stay over the night a bit outside of NYC and then leave early morning for Manhattan. And it was best decision ever.
I personally, got a better deal by calling the hotel directly instead of going through all reservation sites. I cross-checked both and calling in was the best decision.
The price was really cheap. We arrived late (2AM) and the person at the front desk knew me by my name as I am the last person to check in that day of course. My check-in was done in less than 1 minute. They didn’t wanna disturb us as we were carrying both sleeping kids. Swiftly showed us to our rooms. And that’s it! The rooms were very clearn and they already had a crib for my son waiting with blankets.
They even slipped the bill/invoice under our door in the morning. And also told us the breakfast timing. Hampton is known for its family atmosphere and great hot breakfast. This is why, wherever I go, we always stay at Hamptons. This was no less than any other Hamptons we stay over around the world. The breakfast was hot, fresh! My kids love the Hampton’s breakfast.
Anytime, we drive back to NYC, we will definitely stay over here again. This is now our favourite stop over between NYC-Toronto. I highly recommend anyone driving between these locations for the price and the effortless breakfast you get! The best resting point ever!!!

Room Tip: Dont forget to take the HOT breakfast. Ask for kid's crib. They are really accommodating. Take t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank CanadianEngineer007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 November 2012

In the wake of Hurricane Sandy there are many people without electricity, heat, or water in North Jersey. This hotel is (as of Friday, November 2) is taking online reservations even though there is NO ELECTRICITY IN THE ROOMS. They will take your reservation and your money without apprising you of this situation until you arrive at the dark hotel. Once there, there is virtually no chance of finding another room anywhere in the area and with gasoline in short supply, driving any distance may not be possible.
To be clear: there was no warning on the reservation site and no mention in the confirmation letter even though the hotel was without power at the time.
Hampton Inn / Hilton's response? Suck it up.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight and a sleeping bag.
Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mylestoogo
N Tonawanda
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I reviewed this hotel in May, 2012, and gave it high marks all the way around. Just a quick update. SKIP THE EGGS. I'm not sure how they prepare these, but they are actually gross looking. Little balls of burnt egg like matter in the warming tray. I hope they can address this minor annoyance.

Still - this hotel is great in every other way, so we will still be staying here, but enjoying the waffles or oatmeal instead.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I really enjoyed my time here. I was traveling on business and I spent two nights at this hotel. I was very comfortable, slept well, and ate well. I would definitely recommend this hotel. In fact, I will be staying here again in October and November.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Ottawa
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with the family while visiting to attend a wedding near by.

If you have to stay in this part of the world, you can't beat this hotel. I rarely gush over things, but we got a good rate by booking online with one of the internet special prices - no refunds, no alterations to the reservation. And everything was pretty much perfect.

Everything was good - check-in was smooth, the clerk commented that "your room will be quiet, just as you requested on the reservation", the place was clean, beds were comfortable, and the room was actually quiet even though it backed on to the elevator shaft. Front desk staff was cheerful and helpful when we asked for some help with directions and it seemed like they were actually happy to be at work there.

The breakfast with some hot dishes was good (OK, as good as it gets for this sort of set-up where it's all stuff that is either ready-to-eat or can be prepared without a full kitchen), no complaints there.

Check-out was great, fast, hand in the key and you're free to go.

Pool is big enough for kids to splash in, no one's going to be working out swimming laps in a pool that size but it's good to play in.

Keep in mind - the location is not tourist central, you're not about to go out the front door for some entertainment and excitement. But assuming you're arriving by car, it's close enough to the interstate to get on it quickly, but not so close that you have to look at it.

In summary - I wouldn't think twice about staying here again, I'd go straight here. Over the past few years I've stayed at several hotels in the northeast states and eastern Canada, but never a Hampton Inn - but I think I'll be looking for Hampton Inns in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I spent a wonderful night here. The hotel is set back from the road, making it very quiet. Our room with a king-size bed was a decent size. Everything was clean. All of the staff were very friendly and aware of the high reviews on Trip Advisor, and doing what they can to maintain that rating. They were also knowledgable about restaurants in the area. Eccola Italian restaurant is just a few miles away and was excellent.

The hotel has an indoor pool. The business center has two computers. Wireless connection from our room worked fine. There is plenty of parking. Our room rate was very reasonable. The breakfast buffet was extensive and typical of top-quality Hampton Inns.

This hotel fully met all of our needs and expectations for a high quality Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
colorado
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I travel frequently and this hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in. From the cleanliness to the front desk people to the outstanding breakfast and all at a very reasonable price. Thanks Hampton for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family