“Great Stay”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Burlington, Vermont
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here for a week while attending a conference.
Staff was friendly and courteous gave great local recommendations including Paul's Family Diner & Denville Dairy.
Room was clean and updated with plenty of space.
Hotel was quiet and perfectly located on Route 46.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
fredrock
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We needed a place to arrive late and leave early - just sleeping to break up a long drive. The Courtyard in Parsippany was great for that. Clean rooms, reasonable prices and friendly staff and just a short detour off of our route. We'll use this one again for sure .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I stayed here Saturday night while visiting New York City. We did not want to stay right in the city, so opted to stay outside the city. I thought the drive was easy from the city to the hotel it took us only about half an hour. It was easy to find using our GPS.

Check-in was easy. The woman that helped me was extremely pleasant and informative. The hallways are very long in this hotel and the elevators are located down at each end. We parked around back and came in a side entrance closer to the elevator to get to our third floor room. Personally I like hotels with large lobbies with the elevators right off the lobby (like you see in many nicer hotels). The elevators are old, very slow, and rickety. My 11-year-old was scared to ride it because of all the sounds it made. The halls are cover in ugly carpets which I can only assume was fairly old; it was multi-colored with shapes and designs and reminded me of carpet you would see in a Chuck E. Cheese in the late 80s.

The rooms were large and looked clean with the exception of the bathroom tub. Right on the side was a large what appeared to be pubic hair, so I had to clean out the tub before using it. The sinks are on the outside of the bathroom (I am not of big fan of this) and there was limited counter space. One nice touch I liked was the complimentary spa quality toiletries; the shampoo and conditioner were Paul Mitchell brand. The beds and pillows were comfortable enough. There was a flat screen television in the room as well, and next to that was a desk with a nice mesh chair (love when hotels have mesh or leather chairs because they don’t feel as germ invested at cloth chairs).

My son and husband used the indoor pool. They said the water temperature was comfortable, although the pool was small. The pictures on the website make it look much bigger than it really it. This was probably the smallest indoor pool I’ve seen in a while.

My son liked the convenience of the lobby market. He went down there to get his evening snack. He purchased a box of cereal and milk and bowls and spoons were provided.

Breakfast is not included. It was an additional $11 per person (half off for children), so we opted out of having breakfast.

All and all this hotel was ok for what we needed it for. I would stay here again for one night if I was heading to the city. I don’t think I would stay here if I was going to be here for an extended period of time though.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Check in was a breeze with very friendly staff.

Cold AC and Breakfast was comped due to my Rewards Gold Elite Status.

Would stay again when in NJ. Many good restaurants nearby.

Quiet location. Had a sheet with good restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed 10 August 2013

After a long and exhausting day on the highway, we stayed at this Marriott Courtyard and were given exactly what we had requested when we telephoned to make a reservation early that morning: a quiet room with two beds on the first floor. The clerk who checked us in was cheerful, efficient, and made us feel very much at home. The room was clean and cool and as quiet as we hoped it would be. The entire property seems to be well maintained. The connection to the Internet was speedy. We were able to have a much needed rest and the next morning a charming and attentive woman with an accent I could not place made us delicious omelettes in the breakfast room. We will definitely put this hotel on our list of good places to stay while driving through New Jersey. It is not a very long list.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Ontario
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were assigned this hotel through Priceline. Given that I was travelling with my mother, I requested a room with two beds when checking-in. Despite availability and an offer made to pay extra, the front-desk clerk (an older lady) was quick to snub us off as Priceline guests and told us that there was nothing she could do. Even though we were more than willing to pay the difference, she said that the booking was 100% handled externally through Priceline and her hands were tied. I was a bit surprised because this has never been an issue in the hundreds of other hotels that I have stayed at through Priceline bookings.

Rooms were clean and spacious, but a bit dated. Free wifi/parking were nice. My review is a bit tainted given the rude front-desk clerk.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Camp Hill, PA
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We were tired after driving 8 hours and needed some rest. We were promptly and cheerfully greeted upon arrival and were given our choice of a 1st floor room near the pool or a 3rd floor room toward the rear. We chose the latter and were rewarded with a quiet night's sleep in comfortable beds.The pool area was crowded with numerous youngsters but it was expected on a hot day 96! The room was clean, and the pillows were plentiful and quite comfortable. The air was fresh unlike many hotels with the antiseptic or hospital smell.

As I recall the nearest and only restaurant within walking distance was a TGIFs 2 doors down. However there are numerous restaurants within short driving distance. We chose Reservoir Tavern and were pleased with it's signature pizza.

The thing I like about the Courtyard Marriott is it's standard level of service irrespective of the location. For the price I believe the CM is good value and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Unless you like noise or a pool, choose a room on an upper floor away from it.