“Customer service wows”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
North Reading, Massachusetts
“Customer service wows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here this weekend.

We learned that the pool was closed (as part of the renovations) when we checked in. Sensing our concern with the pool being closed, Karen at the front desk offered to help us change our reservation to nearby Marriott location. We politely declined, but mentioned that our nieces and nephews had been looking forward to coming to swim. She quickly offered to call another nearby hotel and arranged for our whole family to swim during our trip. Karen saved the day!

Our nieces and nephews were thrilled. We'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through this area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kirsten F
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard Parsippany, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Our pool is now completed and ready if you decided to take your nieces and nephews on another trip! Thank you for the kind words about our associate, Karen. She is a wonderful addition to our property and truly goes above and beyond for our guests!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kearny, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Parsippany last weekend and was at first somewhat disappointed given that the hotel appeared to be an active construction site... When I went inside and walk into the makeshift lobby my disappointment continued and having to wait for the agent to return to the front desk for about 5 minutes didn't help.
What saved my opinion of my stay was the room, which was newly renovated and smartly decorated with sofa and desk and ample lighting and modern bathroom.
The rate I booked also included complimentary continental breakfast which was a plus and there were standard options available.
If I need to stay in the area again I will certainly consider revisiting this great property!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I hope you will come back to visit now that the renovation is completed. Although we no longer offer complimentary breakfast, we do offer an upscale option in the form of the Bistro! I hope you will try either breakfast or dinner during your stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I tried the Parsippany Courtyard hotel for this stay because the Whippany Courtyard I would stay at is right next to a small airport. As nice as the other Courtyard was, the airport noise was just too much of a nuisance. Parsippany is also closer to my office when I stay in town, so it just made sense. I was a little nervous when I pulled in to the parking lot only to see contractor trucks in the lot, as the Parsippany Courtyard is going through a major overhaul.

However, when I got to the second floor, you would never know there was construction going on. It was already renovated. There was also no noise from the crews that would have disturbed my stay. The crews were also very pleasant if I had to walk under a ladder or share the elevator with them.

Room Tip: Just get past the construction going on at the hotel. Once I got to the second floor, there was zer...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I hope you will come back soon to experience how the entire hotel has been completely renovated!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Lived at the courtyard marriott - the hotel is under renovation, thus the facilities are really restricted - no gym etc. it should be up and running by end March 2014. That said, the rooms are reasonably big and they did try to make up for the renovation by giving out free internet and breakfast. Staff is cheerful and nice, and would definitely give the hotel a thumbs up once it is up and running.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard Parsippany, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for your comment regarding our hotel. I am pleased that your enjoyed our new renovated rooms and I appreciate your patience as we finish renovating our lobby. We should be completely finished with renovation by mid-March with our Bistro opening the last week of March. We look forward to you returning to see the finished product!
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I frequent hotels and in particular Marriotts and I had an absolutely amazing experience at this location. The GM, Leah, is absolutely amazing and extremely accommodating. She went above and beyond to accommodate my family and myself. Also, forgive me, I'm horrible with names but the woman at the front desk which has been a Marriott employee for over 15 years is one of the friendliest and most helpful employees which I've ever encountered. This Marriott is currently undergoing a renovation and I had the opportunity to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms. These rooms were absolutely amazing and done very nicely. Even though the location was further from my destination than my other options; I stayed here because the staff was amazing and the property is well taken care of! I can't thank all the employees at this Marriott enough for my amazing experience and their incredible professionalism!

Room Tip: 3rd floor are newly renovated and extremely nice!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! I hope you will come back to visit now that our renovation is completed!
Hightstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Courtyard Parsippany, is one of my favorite hotels. I have stayed at this hotel two times and its better and better each time. Room 257 the first time and Room 311 the second time. The hotel staff is awesome and very helpful. There are so many more wonderful things I could say about this hotel. I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are newly renovated.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I'll echo the other reviewers - this is a 'decent' place to stay. The room is clean, and bed is very comfortable. Most importantly, I slept great and the bathroom was clean. Free Wifi was actually decent, and there is a hidden mini fridge. Heat/AC worked great and weren't noisy.

Few quirks - As of 11/29, the hotel is in the midst of a renovation. The 2nd floor is inaccessible. I was booked on the 3rd floor. The 3rd floor appears to have undergone the first round of renovations..the walls, carpet, lighting was updated. The furniture in my room was not part of the renovation, apparently, and I didn't have any lamps on the bed night stands. It was a little weird not being able to reach a light in the hotel without getting up. Based on the pictures I saw from another reviewer, I have to assume that was a fluke.

Overall, I slept great, and the hotel is quiet and clean. Great place to stay for a night. I got a room facing the east parking lot, and was surprised by a beautiful sunrise.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo