“Very nice stay”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
New Jersey
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here after a nearby wedding. The hotel was very nice - clearly renovated. The room was a decent size: king sized bed (which was very, very comfortable), small sofa, desk, television stand and bathroom/closet. The room was clean, but the bathroom could have been cleaner. The toilet didn't work very well and if we were staying longer than one night, we would have brought it up with the hotel staff, but it wasn't worth it for few overnight hours we were in the room. The room was arranged a little oddly. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aurora1999
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard Parsippany, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay at our hotel. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed our recent renovation. We are continuing to update the bathrooms in each room as the year goes on. I hope you choose to stay with us again when you are in the area in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel has the new look and feel with the updated lobby, arrival "Podiums". The lobby is open and spacious. Always love the new hotel smell or Fresh Paint and Carpet!

The staff is always welcoming and friendly. The exercise room is all brand new and when it's stocked, the refrigerator with cool towels is always a nice touch. The pool was still being refreshed during my stay, but it looked like it was going to be nice.

The Rooms were very comfortable. The furnishings were different than I've seen in the recent model. Very comfortable sofa in addition to my King Size Bed. All the rooms have a refrigerator, but I did have to negotiate for a microwave. It would have been a nice touch if they'd used the recent Courtyard model of a microwave in every room.

You'll be glad you stayed here!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FQTV_IT_Nurse
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. I hope that you choose to stay with us again when you are in the area.
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel and my room were both super clean. I had a king-size bed that was very comfortable. I'm lucky to be a sound sleeper but those who are less fortunate/over-sensitive might be bothered by truck noise from Route 46. The hotel sits near the crest of a hill so passing vehicles are working a little harder.

When I first entered the room I was pleased to see a nice, big couch. I was not so pleased when I sat on it. This funky furniture missed the "form follows function" bus. Too-wide seat cushions paired with too-lacking back cushions ruled out comfortable seating. Not a real big deal for this two-night resident but a guest staying for the long haul might need to get creative with bed pillows.

As is typical of a Courtyard, the hotel lacks a proper bar and restaurant. Food and drink can be had but don't expect a great selection. I didn't eat but did drink a couple Sierra Nevada Pale Ales one evening while hanging in the lobby with associates. There is a T.G.I. Friday's up the hill. One could walk to it using the highway shoulder. Otherwise, a traveler will need to drive to find dining and other services.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay at our property. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and public space. Our Bistro does have seasonal menu which changes quarterly to provide variety in our menu. I hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area.
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We trusted the bride who picked this venue for her wedding guests. She knew what she was doing! The hotel was tastefully, newly renovated. Everything worked! It was clean and quiet, even though it was nearly filled to capacity. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you had a quiet and relaxing stay while staying with us for a wedding. I hope you choose to stay with us again if you are in the area!
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights recently on a house hunting trip as I am relocating to the area for my job. The location is convenient for most Morris County town. We actually ended up signing a lease in Passaic County (Pompton Lakes), and the drive was not bad. I-287 doesn't get as congested as I-80 when you go north of Parsippany.

I stayed at this hotel a few times back in 2008, and it has been renovated since then. The rooms have an understated, modern decor with the normal comforts you would expect from the Courtyard line. The staff was friendly, and it was nice having Starbucks at the cafe. They also had free coffee decanters set up as well, which is nice. I appreciate that there are still properties that set out to do more than bleed every guest dry of their money.

My biggest plus for this stay was the room climate control. It actually maintains a cool temperature, which is shocking for most hotels. You can set it down to 65. Doing so did not result in a temp that was as cold as my home would get if I set it at 65, but it was still comfortable. Granted, it was early April so it was still cool at night, but it was nice being able to sleep comfortably.

My biggest minus for this stay was their bedding definitely has polyester. If I covered up, I got hot. If I uncovered I got cold. I couldn't reach that equilibrium that 100% cotton achieves. The bed was also a little stiff. Maybe time to invest in some new pillow tops.

Overall though, the properties delivers what I have come to expect from many stay at Courtyard properties.

Room Tip: They do have balcony rooms which is a plus when it's nice to open a door.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am glad you have experienced the difference of the renovation first-hand from your 2008 stay! I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Perkasie, PA
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before a wedding and we were happy that we did. Despite the fact that there was a lot of renovation going on,the changes that the hotel had made were very positive and made a very good impression despite the construction. If you wanted a place with an on-site fitness center and pool, this will be a disappointment. They did offer their guests use of the local Y but we chose to just relax in the room. The room was very lovely; modern but not stark. The comfortable seating and pleasant color scheme was inviting. Most of the time when I've stayed at a hotel, I haven't been all that anxious to take a bath because of the state of the tub and/or bathroom in general. The bathroom in this hotel was spotless, smelled nice and I did enjoy a long,hot bath!. The little bottles of body lotion, body wash, shampoo, etc. had a great line of products in them and I was happy to use them rather than the products I brought with me. The front desk staff was pleasant and extremely friendly and a guest felt truly welcomed. The continental breakfast had good fresh fruit which was a welcome change from some other places we've stayed. Each room had a small coffee maker which used pods but the coffee it made was not up to my standard for a good tasting cup of coffee, in my opinion. Check-in and check-out was very efficient and there were no extra charges on our bill just the rate we were expecting when we booked. During the reservation process prior to our stay, I had to call the hotel a couple of times and always received good service with a personal touch. I probably will not come to this area again, but if I do, I would definitely stay here again. When all the renovations are completed, it will provide an even nicer, more complete stay than we had.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard Parsippany, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have completed our renovations and currently have an on-site pool, fitness center and restaurant. We hope you come back soon to see and experience our new product.
North Reading, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here this weekend.

We learned that the pool was closed (as part of the renovations) when we checked in. Sensing our concern with the pool being closed, Karen at the front desk offered to help us change our reservation to nearby Marriott location. We politely declined, but mentioned that our nieces and nephews had been looking forward to coming to swim. She quickly offered to call another nearby hotel and arranged for our whole family to swim during our trip. Karen saved the day!

Our nieces and nephews were thrilled. We'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through this area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kirsten F
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Our pool is now completed and ready if you decided to take your nieces and nephews on another trip! Thank you for the kind words about our associate, Karen. She is a wonderful addition to our property and truly goes above and beyond for our guests!